Q. Can you explain how do I go about taking the abortion pills?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

I am 6 weeks pregnant and I need to terminate the pregnancy. I have gone through an ultrasound to confirm that it is an intrauterine pregnancy.

I need to know how I can terminate it through abortion pills and what other precautions I need to take.

Also, are there any other antibiotics or pain killers I need to keep handy during the procedure?

#

You need to take an MTP kit a medical termination of pregnancy which will be sold only at the prescription of a registered medical practitioner and is no longer available as an OTC (over the counter) drug.

It contains two medications namely Mifepristone and Misoprostol. Take one tablet of Mifepristone 200 mg on day 1 and 48 hours later, take the rest of the four tablets of Misoprostol. If there is excess bleeding with giddiness, you need to report to your gynecologist immediately.

Please get your blood group checked earlier because if it is Rh negative type, you will have to take an anti-D injection to prevent your blood from getting sensitized. If your husband is also Rh negative, it is not needed. Please consult your gynecologist for the prescription and have a safe abortion.

You can take tablet Meftal spas for pain.

Go for a scan two weeks later to confirm abortion and revert with the scan reports.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|