Q. I have irregular heavy bleeding. Is something wrong with my uterus?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
Published on May 18, 2018

Hello Doctor,

I am an 18 year old female. I had my normal period last week and it lasted for 7 days. Then three days after this it started again and was really heavy.This happens almost every month. Is something wrong with my uterus?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There can be so many reasons for irregular heavy bleeding.

It can be a part of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding which has to be found out. You need to get routine blood investigations including thyroid profile and a basic pelvic scan done.

Also take regular iron to correct anemia due to heavy blood loss.

This is not normal and needs treatment. If no reason is found, simply correction of anemia and progesterone support can help.

Revert back with your reports to a gynaecologist online to rule out the causes for abnormal bleeding --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What are the uses of Progyluton pill?

Query: Hello doctor, Could you please tell me about what problem is Progyluton prescribed?  Read Full >>

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Progyluton is a combined hormonal pill. It has multiple uses. The most common uses are to treat abnormal uterine bleeding, irregular menses and contraception. For more information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-...  Read Full

Is the fact menorrhagia leads to anemia true?

Query: Hi doctor,Person who suffers from menorrhagia (heavy bleeding during period) is at higher risk of anemia. Is this true? Is there any basis to this claim? What if you are already anemic and suffering from menorrhagia? What complications are associated with the same? What precautions should one take i...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common for a woman to experience blood loss of 60-80 ml per menstrual cycle. In cases of menorrhagia the blood loss is heavier and in the form of clots or in terms of using more than 6-7 sanitary napkins daily during menses. Menorrhagia easily leads to anemia o...  Read Full

I have started bleeding heavily in my postpartum. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently (almost) 6 weeks postpartum. I had sex at 4 weeks of postpartum and I got the Nexplanon inserted a couple of days before that. My doctor checked to see whether my uterus was still up high and it was not. Also, I did not have any tearing during birth. My bleeding stopped at ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause. Post delivery your body is tender and in a state of recovery. It is not yet ready to take so much stress and strain. Usually, this could be due to the Nexplano...  Read Full