Q. I have irregular heavy bleeding. Is something wrong with my uterus?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Hello Doctor,

I am an 18 year old female. I had my normal period last week and it lasted for 7 days. Then three days after this it started again and was really heavy.This happens almost every month. Is something wrong with my uterus?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There can be so many reasons for irregular heavy bleeding.

It can be a part of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding which has to be found out. You need to get routine blood investigations including thyroid profile and a basic pelvic scan done.

Also take regular iron to correct anemia due to heavy blood loss.

This is not normal and needs treatment. If no reason is found, simply correction of anemia and progesterone support can help.

Revert back with your reports to a gynaecologist online to rule out the causes for abnormal bleeding --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|