Q. I am pregnant and I already have two kids. How to get a safe abortion?

Dr. Sree Gouri Sr
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 19, 2019

I am a 34-year-old, and I have two kids one is three years and second is one year I recently tested positive for pregnancy, and I want to abort it. Currently I am six days above from the periods I missed and fifth week what is medication to abort this pregnancy. I want to use it at home or any method at home to abort it. I want to abort it safely with medicine. No previous issues regarding pregnancy or periods.

Dr. Sree Gouri Sr

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It is not recommended to take tablets without confirming the intrauterine pregnancy and ruling out an ectopic pregnancy. So, please consult your nearby gynecologist and undergo an ultrasound. After confirming the intrauterine pregnancy and gestational age, with your doctor's advice, you can plan for the termination of pregnancy. Up to eight weeks of pregnancy, medical termination with tablets is possible. I hope I have answered your query, and I will be happy to answer any further follow-up queries.

Can I have i-pill after unprotected sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old girl. I had unprotected sex. My last periods was before two months and still I have not got any. Is there a chance of pregnancy? I have had i-pill twice last year in a gap of 6 months. My periods are sometimes a day or two late. But, I am really worried as I really cann...  Read Full »

Emergency Contraceptive Pills (ECP) - Safety and Indications

Article Overview: Emergency contraception is meant for emergency use to prevent unwanted pregnancy. It is not an abortion pill and is not for regular use, as it has side effects. Read Article

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Safety and Indications: Nearly half of the pregnancies are unintended, and this is particularly true for teenagers all over the world. Unsafe abortions are a major cause of maternal mortality in some countries, accounting for approximately 8 % of maternal deaths. As science has progressed, there h...  Read Article

Is the abortion process complete or not?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had an abortion pill. I took Mifepristone tablet first then after 36 hours, I took four tablets of Misoprostol of 200 mcg orally. At first, there was light bleeding during one hour then after some time I had heavy bleeding and it almost soaked two pads and it continued for ...  Read Full »