Q. After taking abortion kit, how to confirm abortion?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Abortion or Misoprostol? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: After taking abortion kit, how to confirm abortion?

I had unprotected intercourse on the 11th. My menses date was on 26th of the same month, but I missed my menses. I had a pregnancy test after eight days and it was positive. I took the first set of abortion pills on the same day at 6:30 PM. At 10:30 PM, I started to have bleeding and the cramps and pain continued till morning 6 AM. It bled and five to six blood clots were there. I took my second set of pills at 10 AM. After that bleeding was very less, but the cramps were there. Till now I have some bleeding and small spots with an interval. Is everything working well? I want to assure that the abortion is complete. Please suggest me.