Q. Is the abortion process complete or not?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Abortion Pills or Abortion? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Is the abortion process complete or not?

I recently had an abortion pill. I took Mifepristone tablet first then after 36 hours, I took four tablets of Misoprostol of 200 mcg orally. At first, there was light bleeding during one hour then after some time I had heavy bleeding and it almost soaked two pads and it continued for almost two to four hours. After that, I am having light bleeding. There is little blood coming out from the vagina. I thought abortion process was not completed so again after 24 hours I took four more Misoprostol of 200 mcg but after that, there is still no result of heavy bleeding. I wanted to know what to do next and whether the abortion process is completed or not. Please help me through this. I have nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain along with it.