Q. I had abortion at 10 weeks with heterogeneous endometrium in transvaginal scan. Please help.

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

I have suspected abortion at 10 weeks and 6 days with heavy bleeding yesterday. I have my TVS ultrasound today and it shows heterogeneous endometrium. Is it fine?

#

I have seen the report attachments. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Based on your dates, if your gestational age is 10+6weeks, and if you had heavy bleeding, most likely it indicates an abortion wherein the product of conception have been expelled already. The heterogeneous endometrium just indicated the thickened uterine lining which develops in pregnancy to support the embryo, which will take some time to become normal.

I am assuming your bleeding would have stopped by now and your gynecologist would have advised you some antibiotics to prevent any infections. If not then please consider taking them.

Repeat the scan after two weeks.

Avoid pregnancy for the next two to three months, evaluate and then plan a pregnancy.

Evaluate yourself prior to planning a pregnancy in the view of recurrent miscarriages.

Can you please prescribe me some antibiotics?

#

Yeah sure, I will prescribe, no problem in that.

Tablet Orni - O (Ofloxacin+ Ornidazole combination) twice daily after food for five days (1-0-1), and tablet Pantop (Pantoprazole) 40 mg empty stomach 30 minutes before breakfast for five days (1-0-0).

|