Q. What could be the reason for the recurrent miscarriages?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jun 28, 2019

I have a history of miscarriage at 18 weeks, and hysteroscopy and laparoscopy confirmed cervical incompetence and my polypoidal endometrium was removed. Recently I conceived again with follicle test procedure during which CG 10000 was injected into my blood, but unfortunately, I had to undergo D and C at eight weeks because of no sign of fetal pole (no yolk sac and heartbeat). My TSH value is 7.44. Please let me know the cause of my first miscarriage and lack of proper development and absence of fetal pole in a second pregnancy. Which is the exact specialty which would be best placed for resolving my problem?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It is evident by the history that you have cervical incompetence, and that is what the possible cause of your mid-second-trimester spontaneous abortion. Nextly your TSH (stimulating thyroid hormone) levels are high, qualifying you to be hypothyroid, which is the probable cause of anembryonic gestation, the second time.

It is essential that your TSH levels should be rough between 2.8 to 3.2 by taking thyroxine supplementation to attain safe levels for conception and avoid future mishaps. Also, it has to be kept in mind that at 16 to 18 weeks of your next gestation, cervical McDonalds or shirodkar stitch has to be applied to the cervix to avoid spontaneous mid-second-trimester abortion. I hope I have answered your query.

What is causing frequent miscarriages?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had four miscarriages in a row. One had a subchronic hematoma. Is there a reason for this or a way to stop? I have given live births but now I cannot keep a child. What can I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrent miscarriages need to be investigated actually. You had live births but now had four consecutive miscarriages. It is better to have a thrombophilia screen and products of conception needed to be send out for histopathology to check any chromosomal, congenital, st...  Read Full

What is Lonopin injection used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 3 months 3 days pregnant through IVF. Currently, she was prescribed to have the medication, which I have attached for your reference. Even after 3 months, they are forcing her to take Lonopin injection, which is very irritating, painful and give side effects like nausea. We ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she has a history of recurrent miscarriages or recurrent fetal deaths or repeated IVF failures, then Lonopin seems essential till at least 5 months. If not, then still I would say it is a prophylaxis to help avoid problems of miscarriage due to unknown immunological fa...  Read Full

Ask a Family Physician Now