Q. I am suffering from stomach problems. Could you please help me with my situation?

Dr. Rahul Rathee
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 27, 2015 and last reviewed on: Dec 20, 2018

I am a 28 year old female. I am suffering from stomach problems. The symptoms include gas trouble, acidity, high frequency of passing stools, stools are slightly dark in color and do not float (stools are smelly though). When I have irritating feeling in my stomach, lower abdomen, along with pain, I also experience pain in lower back. Occasionally, I experience pain in left shoulder and armpit. Also, the pain or uneasy feeling is more pronounced in the lower right side of the abdomen. I recently shifted to another country. After shifting, my problem has worsened. My doctor said I could be suffering from giardiasis, and I was put on an antibiotic course including Enteroquinol and some other drug. I was better while taking that medication, but as soon as I stopped the medicines, my problem recurred. I had also taken an ayurvedic medicine called Kutajarishta. Could you please help me with my situation?

#

From what you have described, your clinical history, symptoms, and the test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have not been given the complete treatment which is required for your ailment. I guess an accurate and precise diagnosis was not made. Well, it is very clear from your symptoms that you are suffering from three different conditions which are:

1. APD (Acid Peptic Diseases).
  2. Intestinal amoebiasis.
  3. Myalgia.

I suggest you try the following treatment, and I guarantee you that you shall be absolutely fine very soon.

1. Tablet Secnidazole - you have to take just a single dose of 2000 mg (2g). If you get a tablet of 1000 mg, take 2 tablets, and if you get in a dose of 2000 mg, then take a single tablet. You have to chew it along with a glass of warm milk at night and repeat the same after 1 week.
  2. Capsule Etoricoxib and Tizanidine - It is a combination of two drugs and it is available as Nucoxia-MR. You have to take this capsule twice daily, one in the morning and one in the evening for 10 days. This medicine is for your back pain, left shoulder, and armpit pain.
  3. Tablet Rabeprazole twice a day, one tablet before breakfast and one tablet before dinner.
  4. Tablet Dicyclomine thrice a day, one tablet in the morning, evening and night.
  5. Syrup Diovol-LA, 4 teaspoons thrice a day after meals.
  6. Syrup Sucralfate, 2 teaspoons thrice a day after meals.
  7. Syrup Gastric Enzymes, 2 teaspoons thrice a day after meals.

Medicines from serial number 3 to 7 are to be taken for 3 weeks. Make sure you do not miss even a single dose. You will start having relief in 2 to 3 days, but make sure you complete the treatment for full 3 weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking medicines after their consent.

|