Q. Can STI cause white watery discharge with red swollen vagina?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

For the past week, I had been having extra discharge down there. It is white and watery and has a bad smell. Also, my vagina has been red and looks swollen. Is it from douching or from sex? I have been with the same partner for a year now. Please help.

#

Is it a fishy smell? Is the discharge thin and milky or cottage cheese like? If yes, you seem to be suffering from bacterial vaginosis along with yeast infection. Does your partner have some symptoms too? Please stop douching, it tends to wash away the good protective bacterial flora of the vagina. It does more harm than good.

Increase the probiotic portion in your food, you need to take Clotrimazole and Clindamycin vaginal pessary every night before going to bed for six nights. If your partner has the symptoms, tell him to have tablet Secnidazole 2 gm single dose. Avoid sex for the six nights. Try to use condoms, it greatly reduces the episodes of vaginal infection and STI.

|