Q. Can STI cause white watery discharge with red swollen vagina?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta
Published on Mar 11, 2019

For the past week, I had been having extra discharge down there. It is white and watery and has a bad smell. Also, my vagina has been red and looks swollen. Is it from douching or from sex? I have been with the same partner for a year now. Please help.

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Is it a fishy smell? Is the discharge thin and milky or cottage cheese like? If yes, you seem to be suffering from bacterial vaginosis along with yeast infection. Does your partner have some symptoms too? Please stop douching, it tends to wash away the good protective bacterial flora of the vagina. It does more harm than good.

Increase the probiotic portion in your food, you need to take Clotrimazole and Clindamycin vaginal pessary every night before going to bed for six nights. If your partner has the symptoms, tell him to have tablet Secnidazole 2 gm single dose. Avoid sex for the six nights. Try to use condoms, it greatly reduces the episodes of vaginal infection and STI.

Why am I having sharp pain in my vagina when I pee?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 16 years old female. I urge to pee quite often. I have a sharp pain in my vagina when I pee. I have the urge to pee frequently. But when I go to the toilet, I do not have the urge to pee. Is this due to UTI or STD?  Read Full »

What is the problem for having vaginal discharge, itching and irritation while peeing?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bleeding after sex. I have pain while having sex. I have vaginal discharge and irritation while peeing and itching. Is this an infection or something else? I took an Unwanted 72 before three days.  Read Full »

Am I having recurrent BV because of unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor,I have recurring BV and I do not know why. I have stopped taking baths, I do not douche, I never use any scented products. I am in a monogamous relationship. I just realized that my fiance washes his penis with shampoo, and we have unprotected sex. Could this be why I cannot seem to get...  Read Full »