Sucralfate

What is the treatment for pancreatic rest?

Query: Hi doctor, Please find the attachment of the endoscopy report of my wife. She had stomach pain a long time ago, and we did the endoscopy. But, the doctor did not explain the reason to us. Could you please explain to me? What is pancreatic rest? What do you think about the nature of her polyps and th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the endoscopy reports of your wife (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has gastroesophageal reflux (heartburn). A pancreatic rest is a sort of ectopic pancreatic tissue in the gastroduodenal mucosa. It is always better to wait for a biopsy ...  Read Full »

What to do if a person takes a hot soup and it causes burning sensation from esophagus to stomach?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday I took a mouthful of soup which is extremely hot and I realized it only after swallowing it. It is so hot that I felt like it had been in the microwave for too long. I felt the heat going down my throat, burning from the esophagus into the stomach. I rushed in and drank wate...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. When you consume hot drinks, it can irritate the lining of the throat and the esophageal mucosa. There may be small burns, as you know, that happens to our tongue when we have something very hot. There is nothing to worry about. I will adv...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling pressure under rib cage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pressure at the top of my abdomen, under my rib cage. It is not painful. It feels like there is something extra in there or there is someone pressing out against my ribs. CT scan was normal. Would it show enlarged organs? Does this sound like a problem? Should I be worried abou...  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes severe gastritis can produce gas or fill in the upper abdomen. That area appears larger or swollen and hard. This you cannot see in ultrasound or CT scan. Please give history- Are you alcoholic or smoker? Diabetic or hypertensive? Taking your diet timely an...  Read Full »

Why do I feel bloated and have abdominal pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a light pain in my upper abdomen with a bloated feeling after eating, and occasional pain in my gut. I did experience some violent pain about a year back, while I was training with an exercise program to strengthen my abs. It felt like a tear in my gut while training. I do not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you can answer following questions, then it will help to reach a definitive diagnosis: At what time of the day does the pain occur? How does the pain relate to your food intake? Does the pain occur more at night and keep you awake? What is your daily diet li...  Read Full »

Please suggest some treatment for my stomach problem.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28 year old female. I am suffering from stomach problems. The symptoms include gas trouble, acidity, high frequency of passing stools, stools are slightly dark in color and do not float (stools are smelly though). When I have irritating feeling in my stomach, lower abdomen, along...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, your clinical history, symptoms, and the test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have not been given the complete treatment which is required for your ailment. I guess an accurate and precise diagnos...  Read Full »

I have recurrent problem of acidity and throat pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I had mild pain at the right side of my throat. I had pain while chewing something or when throat muscles contracted like while brushing teeth or touching the innermost tooth with tongue. It subsided after 15 to 20 days; I took homeopathy medicines for infection. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any fever or cough? If yes, then is it associated with expectoration? Can you feel any lumps or lymph nodes in the neck? Do you have any history of tonsillitis? From the symptoms briefed above, you have allergic rhinitis with URTI (upper respiratory tract ...  Read Full »

What shall I do for acidity and stomach burn?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I have an issue with my stomach for the last few months. I had Ponstan Forte (painkiller) for my headache for almost two years. I used to take the tablet in empty stomach usually and rarely after food. About eight months ago, I had stomach burn near stomach mout...  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible gastritis. It could be the painkillers that you had has done enough damage. I would suggest that you test with an endoscopy. Meanwhile, start with the tablet Pantocid 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once daily at breakfas...  Read Full »

What shall I do to get relief from cough and heartburn?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I am suffering from the following symptoms: Cough, blocked itchy throat, which is slightly red, burps, farts, little gassy and acidity. This has increased in the past 24 hours. Because of sore throat, I cannot have cold substances to resolve acidity. Also, I can...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be a case of dyspepsia. The acute onset might be drug induced as gastritis is a known side effect of Azithromycin. Gastritis worsens cough, and the cough further induce nausea and vomiting. Hence, it is very prudent to treat both the conditions. For how long...  Read Full »

My husband has a chest pain that comes and goes. Could it be a heart condition?

Query: Hi doctor, Since the last two months, my husband has chest pain. It is probably a muscle strain caused by an exercise machine he uses. The pain is not constant. It comes and goes and sometimes, it is felt on his back on the left side. Please suggest some medicines for permanent pain relief.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The likely cause for his chest pain is gastritis and reflux disease. Does he also have upper abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, burping, increase in pain on eating, sour water feeling in the throat or chest burning? These are the other symptoms that may be associate...  Read Full »

Can an ulcer cause severe stomach pains?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with an ulcer a couple of years ago. I watch what I eat so not to aggravate it, but I woke up early this morning having horrible stomach pains all over the midsection. What could be going on?  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your stomach pain is mainly due to the stomach ulcer. Based on the location of the ulcer in the gastrointestinal tract, it can be classified into two types: One which causes severe pain after having food, which is typical of gastric ulcer. The second is a duoden...  Read Full »