Q. Do you recommend probiotics for acid reflux?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Acid Reflux or Ibs? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Do you recommend probiotics for acid reflux?

I have acid reflux since 10 years. My H.pylori test is negative. I already overused Pantoprazole and it caused side effects like vitamin B12 deficiency, muscle weakness, etc. So, I would like to discontinue it. I heard that probiotics may heal my problem. Can I use probiotics? If so, then let me know the dosage too. Thanks in advance.