Q. Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
Published on Feb 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days back, I again had got indigestion problems after a week of having junk food outside. This time I had Pan D tablet, but this time after an hour I developed rashes, itching, and the whole body turned red. I again went to the 24/7 hospital and the doctor again injected Avil after which the redness and itching subsided. The doctor also told me never to take Pantoprazole tablets as I am allergic and reacting very badly. Now, I have been given Rantac and I have no problems now. So, here are my questions:

As my doctor told PAN tablets will be regularly prescribed for other illness too to avoid acidity and other stomach ailments, do I have to tell that I have Pantoprazole allergy whenever I visit a doctor? Is Pantoprazole allergy something I need to be concerned about? Should I have to do anything?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

#

I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but yes Pantoprazole allergy is a permanent condition that you will need to report to any doctor you visit before prescribing medications.

Also, this allergy is nothing to worry about as long as you avoid taking Pantoprazole but can get very serious and even fatal if you take it again.

I hope you find this helpful.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Why do i have consistent acid reflux the whole day? Can GERD cause sleeplessness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have consistent acid reflux when I wake up and until I go to sleep for about three weeks now. It is so bad now that I can not just eat. My mouth tastes to have a nice and yummy food. I get upper back and chest pains when I am lying down at night. I have been checked out by my cardiolo...  Read Full »

Why do I get bloated stomach by the end of the day?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stomach problem. It started with severe acidity and acid reflux. I get a bloated stomach by the end of the day. I have a runny stool in the morning and have flatulence. I have not seen any presence of blood in the stool. My doctor recently suggested the HP kit for pylori. I...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full »