Q. Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Pantoprazole or Indigestion? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days back, I again had got indigestion problems after a week of having junk food outside. This time I had Pan D tablet, but this time after an hour I developed rashes, itching, and the whole body turned red. I again went to the 24/7 hospital and the doctor again injected Avil after which the redness and itching subsided. The doctor also told me never to take Pantoprazole tablets as I am allergic and reacting very badly. Now, I have been given Rantac and I have no problems now. So, here are my questions:

As my doctor told PAN tablets will be regularly prescribed for other illness too to avoid acidity and other stomach ailments, do I have to tell that I have Pantoprazole allergy whenever I visit a doctor? Is Pantoprazole allergy something I need to be concerned about? Should I have to do anything?