Q. How to get my acne scars removed?

Published on Oct 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 24 year old female. My height is 158 cm and my weight is 50 kg. I have severe acne scars on my face, back, lower back and below the neck. I have pimples on my face. I am using Benzoyl peroxide for the same. I have attached my photos here. My problems also include hair fall, thinning of hair in scalp and dandruff. When I oil my hair for dryness I get more pimples. What else can I do for my dry hair? How to get my acne scars removed? I applied lemon juice and even baking soda on my face, but I am in vain. I drink milk twice a day with Amul Pro Whey protein powder. Does dairy product cause acne? At times, I get burning sensation at the back of my neck when my hair touches it. Is that due to severe back acne scar? Can u suggest me a good sunscreen? I am using nasal spray and Allegra tablet for allergy.

I used to have breast pain often and also my breast size and color varies slightly. Is it just premenstrual pain or something to be concerned? I used to get severe menstrual pain and I am using Meftal spas for it. Occasionally, I get a lump below the right lower abdomen. My doctor made me cough and tested but the lump was not formed. But, he said with my symptoms it would be hernia. Does my abdomen pain occur as a symptom of pcos or endometriosis or any hormonal imbalance or hernia? Please help.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

• Benzoyl peroxide will not work on your acne as you are having grade 4 acne (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • You need to start Isotretinoin immediately. Let me know your marital status, because you should not get pregnant while on Isotretinoin and at least two contraceptive methods are recommended.
  • For hair fall and dandruff, use Salisia KT shampoo (combination of Salicylic acid and Ketoconazole) twice weekly and keep it applied for 15 minutes before hair wash.
  • Nothing to worry about your breast size as it is common to have discrepancies in size. Breast pain should be pre-menstrual if it is occurring in relation to menses.
  • PCOS and hernia are quite different things and have no relation with each other. Please rule out pcod as it can also be one of the causes for severe acne.
  • First focus on treating acne and later acne scars would be treated. Diet has no proven role in acne, but still avoid high glycemic diet.
  • Do not apply baking soda, lemon, etc., as they can cause irritant dermatitis. 
  • Acne has nothing to do with burning sensation and it is mainly due to vitamin B12 deficiency.
  • Apply Acne UV sunscreen, an IPCA product, thrice daily.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am a spinster. As a follow up of your answer I have few questions to shoot. Kindly rectify the doubts. I would like to know whether the prescribed Isotretinoin is a capsule or gel. What is the dosage? And how long should I take the medicine? Please prescribe a specific brand name of Isotretinoin? How long will it take to clear my skin? Will it cause any problem in the future after my marriage? Is there any need to visit a doctor? Should I take any contraceptive pill in this case? Can laser treatment do any benefit? If at all I have any hormonal imbalance will it be possible to have laser treatment? Can it give complete cure for the pimples and severe scars and how long will it take? When should I contact you again for?

#

• You can take either capsule or tablet whichever you are comfortable with.
  • You start taking Isoin (Isotretinoin) 40 mg at night.
  • The period of treatment solely depends of your response for Isotretinoin. The action of the medicine and treatment effect varies with individual but consider one month as minimum time.
  • Yes, it is safe to use Isotretinoin now. But, you should not become pregnant within three months of stopping the drug.
  • If you wish, you can visit a doctor for physical evaluation.
  • No issue with laser, but Isotretinoin is the only medicine that can permanently cure acne in 40 % of patients.
  •  After a month you consult me for a follow up.

Revert back after a month for follow up to a dermatologist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full »

Suffering from PCOD and taking medicines, but still it has not reduced. Can you help ?

Query: Dear Doctor, I am a 29 year old female suffering from PCOD, taking medicines from past 1 year. But still it has not reduced. I was into Metformin and Folic acid. At the same time I have also taken medicines for conception (i.e, clomiphene). Follicar study has been conducted for four times and only ...  Read Full »

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full »