Q. Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Answered by Dr. Neha Singh Rathod and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Irregular Periods or Pcos? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bleeding again from today on the 27th of this month. Please help me out. My height is 155 cm and weight is 63 kg. I have this complaint once since last month. Normally, my periods will occur in an interval on 40 to 45 days. This is the first time I am experiencing spotting, bleeding and delay. Is this a serious problem?