HomeAnswersDermatologyacne scarsMy skin is becoming darker, blemished, and I have acne scars. Kindly suggest a treatment.

How to treat acne scars and blemished skin?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 25, 2022
Reviewed AtNovember 8, 2022

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My skin color is brown, but it has become darker and blemished now. I have had scars on my face due to acne for the last eight years. I am also using whitening cream. I want my skin to clear within three to four months or earlier. I am attaching pictures of my acne. Kindly suggest.

Answered by Dr. Suvash Sahu


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have read your query and examined the pictures attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). It seems you have developed different grades of acne. You need a proper treatment for acne and its scars. I suggest you use topical 1% Clindamycin gel in the morning, 3.5 Microbenz gel (Benzoyl Peroxide) at night, and use face care face wash (Niacinamide 0.20 w/w, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice extract PG) 0.20 w/w, Mono laurin 0.10 w/w, Curcuma longa (Turmeric scfe oil) 0.05 w/w, and Azadirachta indica (Neem oil) 0.025 w/w) twice daily. Also, take a capsule of Doxycyclin 100 mg once daily for six weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take medications with their consent. Avoid oily, spicy foods, junk food, and dairy products. Try to avoid nonvegetarian diets. Drink a lot of water daily.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Suvash Sahu
Dr. Suvash Sahu


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy