Q. Can you please suggest a cream which can dry the acne?

Dr. Sreelakshmi S
Published on Jul 18, 2018

I am 27 years old female. Daily I get new acne. At first, I get redness in the skin which becomes swollen in 2 to 3 days and sometimes have pus. I use Kaya acne kit in the morning and at night. It dries the acne in three days but leaves a scar as by the time acne is swollen. Can you please suggest some effective cream which can dry the acne before it gets swollen and also cream to remove existing acne scar?

Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Dermatology Venereology
#

I can understand your concern about your face. From the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it seems that you have acne of grade 3. I would recommend you to take a course of oral antibiotic for one week (Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for seven days). You have to apply cream which contains a combination of Clindamycin and Adapalen (Deriva CMS or other brands) every day at night for four hours, wash before going to bed, not only over acne but on other acne-prone areas. Take Vitamin B complex daily. Wash face with soap and water twice daily. Follow up with photos in two weeks. I am sure you should show some improvement in this period.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can I get my acne scars permanently cured without any medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old boy with a face full of acne scars. I have it for the last two years. I have tried many home remedies but did not consult a doctor. They got cured to some extent in the last two to three months or so but have now started reappearing. I want a permanent cure wit...  Read Full »

What medicine can treat acne scars on my upper back?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. For no reasons, my upper back has formed acne in the back of shoulders and in the mid-upper back. I tried Benzoyl wash, Vanoxide Topical, and Doxycycline. There was no success. I am now using Hibiclens foam wash, Clindamycin and Benzoyl foam, and a Sulfamethox...  Read Full »

I have lot of acne scars on my face that make me look ugly. Please suggest me treatment for the same.

Query: Hello Doctor,    I am 19 years old. I have lot of acne scars on my face and it looks ugly. Doctor advised me to use contractubex but it is of no use. Please suggest some other treatment.  Read Full »