Q. Can you please suggest a cream which can dry the acne?

Dr. Sreelakshmi S

I am 27 years old female. Daily I get new acne. At first, I get redness in the skin which becomes swollen in 2 to 3 days and sometimes have pus. I use Kaya acne kit in the morning and at night. It dries the acne in three days but leaves a scar as by the time acne is swollen. Can you please suggest some effective cream which can dry the acne before it gets swollen and also cream to remove existing acne scar?

#

I can understand your concern about your face. From the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it seems that you have acne of grade 3. I would recommend you to take a course of oral antibiotic for one week (Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for seven days). You have to apply cream which contains a combination of Clindamycin and Adapalen (Deriva CMS or other brands) every day at night for four hours, wash before going to bed, not only over acne but on other acne-prone areas. Take Vitamin B complex daily. Wash face with soap and water twice daily. Follow up with photos in two weeks. I am sure you should show some improvement in this period.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|