Q. How to manage acne in teenagers?

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on May 22, 2022 and last reviewed on: May 24, 2022

I am 15 years old and have acne-prone skin. I need good advice on how to get rid of acne.

Kindly advise.

#

I understand your concern. You seem to have grade 2 acne and will require oral antibiotics.

1) Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg 3 consecutive days per week, like every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (any 3 consecutive days).

2) Adapalene plus Benzoyl Peroxide gel apply to acne once at night in a tiny amount without rubbing it.

3) Salicylic Acid face wash.

Follow up after a month.

Avoid too many sweets, full cream milk, and chocolates.

Also, please don't pick the lesions.

Take care.

|