Q. I am facing acne problems even after using many medicines. Kindly help.

Dr. Shanza Ikram
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 20, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 21, 2019

I have been suffering from acne issues all of a sudden for five months. I and have consulted several dermatologists. I was put on several topical creams, and very recently on Isotretinoin 10 mg which did not work then I have put on Isotretinoin 20 mg this too has shown no results. I still have nodules, cystic, and resistant acne coming up. This is now affecting my mental health, as I have always had good skin. My reports for PCOD are normal. I am a 29-year-old female going to turn 30 next month. I am very depressed as I am losing hope if it will ever get cured as Isotretinoin being the last hope has also failed.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case. First, you need to understand pimples are common, and you may experience frequent exacerbation due to stress or harmonies. The previous history shows you have oily and acne-prone skin, and this time you have a severe breakout. In my opinion, Isotretinoin 20 mg is the required dose, and it will take six weeks to show its response. Moreover during this six weeks sometimes flared up response is seen.

In some cases, acne does get exacerbated. Initial ten mg was a little bit under dosage, so do not count that period. Please continue to take it as such as you will have maximum improvement within three months. Try to avoid stress as acne always get aggravated. Regarding cream, application, apply Duac gel only on pimples at night. It is a combination of Benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin. Please stop other creams.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Acne - Causes, Types, Home Remedies and Treatment Strategy

Article Overview: Acne is a very common condition encountered among teens and adults. To decide the protocol for the treatment of acne, it is important for us to know the causes, conditions associated, sites of acne, the cause of acne and factors affecting the onset of acne. Many home remedies are helpful in treating acne. Mild and moderate acne can be treated with medication and severe acne with other treatment procedures. Prevention is more important than cure. Read Article

Dr. Archana

Acne is a very common skin condition. It commonly starts during puberty but can occur at any age. Although it is not a dangerous condition, acne can leave scars on the skin. Acne appears in different parts of the body like face, chest, and back. Acne affects almost all teenagers in different severit...  Read Article

If I stop Isotretinoin, will my acne come back?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking a course of Isotretinoin for the past 20 days and I am really happy to have a clear skin. I do not want acne anymore. Just I am thinking if acne will come back after I finish the course of treatment. I am 25 years and suffering from acne for the past four years. I have...  Read Full »

I am on Tetracycline. Can I take Isotretinoin for acne?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old female, and I have mild, cystic acne for the past five years. Yesterday, I got prescribed with Accutane 20 mg per day, and my weight is 50 kilograms. If everything is fine, I will be taking it for the next ten months. I know that taking Isotretinoin can cause idiopathi...  Read Full »