Q. With respiratory problem, is it wise to plan gallbladder operation?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2020

My mother was diagnosed to have acute cholecystitis. She is 65 years old and is suffering from respiratory and heart problem. One mild stroke also happened around two years back. She had recently failed pulmonary function test. Will it be wise to plan gallbladder operation? Please reply.

#

• Yes, it is wise to carry out gallbladder surgery if she is diagnosed with acute cholecystitis.
  • The only problem with surgery is whether the patient is fit for anesthesia or not.
  • Since your mother is failing pulmonary function tests you should find the cause of her respiratory problem and it should be treated first. Then only she can undergo surgery. Otherwise, it can lead to problem during anesthesia and surgery.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|