Acute Calculous Cholecystitis

My CT scan reported multiple cysts in gallbladder. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, Suddenly, I had an intense stomach pain. As per recommendation, I had a CT scan and other tests were carried out. It reported small multiple calculi with biliary sludge in the gallbladder. Jaundice is also high. My stomach pain, headache, body pain and vomiting is happening regularly. I h...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details posted. The problem you are suffering from is called acute calculous cholecystitis, where gallbladder has stones and gets inflamed along with hepatitis. As the stones are multiple, you may also suffer from pancreatitis, which shou...  Read Full »

What can cause RUQ pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from NAFLD for the last six months. Now, I am having RUQ heaviness, back pain and flatulence for the last three months. I had several tests and I have given the details below with the findings. USG of whole abdomen - hepatomegaly with fatty liver, fibroscan - 3.2 kPa me...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the detailed history. Your abdominal pain appears to be either coming from your stomach (gastritis and esophagitis) or from the hiatus hernia or gall bladder stones or dysfunction. Do you have any relation of your symptoms with food, like certain foods (f...  Read Full »

Is surgery needed for acute cholecystitis with cholelithiasis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having right abdominal pain since last five days. I am not getting relief after taking medicines also. My ultrasound says that the gallbladder is distended with a 6.8 mm calculus at the gallbladder neck. The gallbladder wall is 5.6 mm and appears thickened. The gallbladder is fi...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very tempting to treat gallbladder stones with dissolving drugs, but there are some very important limitations, which are as follows. Those drugs require up to two years of treatment. They do not prevent the formation of new ones. They cannot be used on all types of...  Read Full »

What is the reason for nausea, chest pain and dizziness during periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 37 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 250 lbs. I have 4 kids. I am having high blood pressure and also suffering from migraines. I am currently on my periods. I woke up this morning about 6:30 AM and was fine. I started feeling tired when I drove my daughter to work at alm...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be either due to your periods. If you had similar symptoms during your cycle is in the past, then it is most likely breast tenderness and alteration in hormones causing nausea. However, keeping in mind that you have high blood pressure I would still like to...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about my right-sided abdominal cramps?

Query: Hi doctor, The following symptoms started about four hours ago. I am experiencing cramps on my right side, near my hip bone. I feel them more in the front but at times, can feel it in my back. At first, the cramps were minutes apart, but now they are roughly 30 seconds apart. I am a 43 year old fema...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerpal Singh Uppal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Right side lower abdomen cramps could probably be caused by gynecological disorders such as right-sided salpingitis (fallopian tube inflammation) or oophoritis (ovary inflammation). If it is manifested with high temperature and spasmatic pain, then we should think of acut...  Read Full »

How to find the reason for right lower abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking some antibiotics (Clindamycin) for dental related issues as well as Acetaminophen. I also tried Ibuprofen and Wellbutrin for unrelated reasons. My bottom right abdomen area is hurting on and off. The pain is also near the liver area and going down to the gut. The pain is not s...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. The cause of vague pain in the lower right abdomen could be due to cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, renal stone, muscular pain or side effect of some drug. Of the drugs you are taking, Wellbutrin - Bupropion has a known side effect of abdomen...  Read Full »

With respiratory problem, is it wise to plan gallbladder operation?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother was diagnosed to have acute cholecystitis. She is 65 years old and is suffering from respiratory and heart problem. One mild stroke also happened around two years back. She had recently failed pulmonary function test. Will it be wise to plan gallbladder operation? Please reply.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is wise to carry out gallbladder surgery if she is diagnosed with acute cholecystitis. The only problem with surgery is whether the patient is fit for anesthesia or not. Since your mother is failing pulmonary function tests you should find the cause of her respira...  Read Full »