Q. I had two gummy vitamins a day before gallbladder surgery. Please help.

Dr. Shahil Khant

I have gallbladder surgery tomorrow morning and I told the nurse that pre-op I took a multivitamin with my girl. I did not realize we had bought a different type that contains vitamin E and fish oils and flax seed oil. I am now freaking out as I have had two of the gummy vitamins once a day and have been for weeks. The vitamin E content per gummy is 6 mg and the oil content is 220 mg. I have also been eating lots of fruit and vegetables so have probably been eating almost 200 % of my daily vitamin C. Are they likely to cancel the surgery? Currently, I am taking Keppra 500 mg twice a day and brown preventive inhaler.

#

Relax and do not worry. They will not postpone your surgery depending on your above vitamin intake. Though you are orally taking more body absorbs only what is required so nothing to worry. They should go ahead with surgery.

For more information consult a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

Roughly, what are the statistics for gallbladder surgery with regards to death and complications? Do they use clips or cauterize?

#

Gallbladder surgery is very common. Complications rate is less than five percent. Death is very very rare. Yes, they will use small clips.

I survived and it turns out they had never heard of vitamins even being a problem. They said everything has apparently gone well. Are there any signs and symptoms I would be noticing already if something has gone wrong and no one has noticed?

#

Yes, as I said vitamins should not cause any problem. Do not worry about complications. Doctors will take your care.

I have been discharged now and my stomach is a bit bloated and a bit tender or sore above where they made a big incision. Is this quite normal?

#

welcome back to icliniq.com.

Yes, it is normal. Do not worry unless you have a fever.

|