Q. My voice is so hoarse I can barely speak. Please suggest a remedy.

Answered by Dr. Mashfika N Alam and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Acute Laryngitis or Steam Inhalation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Good day to you. I was having post nasal drip all last week. Yesterday, it was going away, but today I woke up and my voice is almost gone. I can barely speak. My throat does not hurt. It just feels a little scratchy, constant clearing of throat too and I have developed a cough now with a dark brown mucus (sometimes clear). Nose gets stuffy with dry bloody mucus, never gets clogged or runny. No fever, no body aches yet. Is there anything I could do to help my voice come back? I have a bottle of Amoxicillin, but not sure if it is viral or bacterial that is causing my hoarse voice. Please let me know any remedy I could use in my throat? I have attached a picture of my throat. My tonsils were surgically removed 10 years ago.