Budesonide

Why is my son having continuous chest congestion?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is dealing with continuous chest congestion and coughing with change in season. Doctor suggested Foracort 100 for two to three months with two shots in the morning and two at night after using nebulization Levolin 1.25 mg and Budecort 1 mg in the past for ches...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First off all I would suggest you to carry out chest x-ray and complete blood count to rule out lung infection like bronchitis. Foracort is a combination of Budesonide, a corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory and Formoterol, a long-acting bronchodilator, used to ...  Read Full »

Do Mucoram pill and Rhinocort spray interact with each other?

Query: Hi doctor, I took a Mucoram pill along with Rhinocort spray. Then, I had hyperventilating difficulty. I could not swallow and I cannot balance myself and felt more tired and weak. I feel that my brain became numb for a month. After a month, I am good now. But, still I feel some pressure and continuo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question and I understand your concern. Mucoram (Ambroxol Hydrochloride) is a mucolytic and Rhinocort is a corticosteroid Budesonide. Together their use with no prior history of some chronic obstructive pulmonary disease like asthma makes it likely eith...  Read Full »

My 4-year-old gets cough and cold frequently. What is the permanent solution for this problem?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding my 4 and a half-year-old son. He was born at 36.1 weeks and progressed normally. At around 2 years of age, he used to get frequent bouts of running nose and cough. He was hospitalized for lower respiratory tract infection at 2.7 years, and had febrile ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing your query to me. I can understand that you are very much concerned about the health of your son. From your history description, it seems that your son has bronchial asthma. Asthma usually occurs from exposure to the allergens in our surrounding ...  Read Full »

Why do I get swelling in feet and ankle after Entocort intake?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 62-year-old female. I was diagnosed with collagenous colitis following colonoscopy biopsies. I started on Entocort, three days later I have severe swelling in feet and ankles. I am fatigued the next day. On the seventh day, I had swelling of lips and a strange feeling in the th...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Entocort (Budesonide) is a corticosteroid. It is very unlikely to cause anemia, especially to the extent that you had. What was your hemoglobin prior to the colonoscopy? If it was near normal and then dropped to 3.6, that would be a huge drop. If you had gastrointestin...  Read Full »

Will Levolin, budecort inhalers and Montair LC kid cause any side effect in a 6-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 6 years old. He got lung allergy so the doctor gave Levolin 100 and Budecort inhalers and some syrup like Montair LC kid. So my son is getting free from the fever, coughs, and cold by using these medicines. After completion of these medicines course, he is repeating with the...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The doctor has given the right treatment and please follow his instructions. The inhalers are safe and do not have any side effects as the dose of medicine is in micrograms which is very small. The allergic problem will resolve by itself as he grows. Sweating when f...  Read Full »

Is Foracort inhaler safe?

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from bronchitis. Should I use Foracort inhaler before or after the workout? Does Foracort inhaler cleanse the lungs? How does Foracort work on lungs? What are the side effects?  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you rightly said, Foracort inhaler (combination of Budesonide and Formoterol) is advised for asthmatic bronchitis. It must be taken before any workout. This kind of inhaler controls the inflammation in the airways and widens its caliber. So on long term use, your as...  Read Full »

What is Montair LC Kid used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years and seven months old. She is a healthy kid. After two and a half years, we observed that she repeatedly catches a cold and cough. The cold lasts for more than two weeks followed by a cough. Her under eye becomes dark. She breathes with her mouth and keeps her...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like a case of hyper reactive airway disease. You will need to use the Budecort inhaler (Budesonide) continuously and observe. The Asthalin inhaler (Salbutamol) will need to be given if there is a cough or cold for a week. Continue Montair LC Kid (Monteluka...  Read Full »

Can asthma be permanently cured?

Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 4 years and 4 months is premature by birth at 34 weeks. His current weight is 15.5 kg. He always used to get a cough and sometimes fever in an interval of every two to three months, especially since last one year. However, there is no other visible physical or mental problem ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though your son is premature, it does not matter with the present illness. Let me first clear you that he is suffering from bronchial asthma. And anyone can have asthma without any family history. So, it is not necessary to be always run in families. To confirm the dia...  Read Full »

Can Budecort and Montelukast be given together in a child?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 3.5 years old. We live in a place which has a lot of dust along with cold weather. My son has been suffering from regular cold cough problems since he turned 1, on an average three times in a month. Sometimes, the gap is longer when we are too careful and maybe the weather is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that Budecort inhaler is the medicine to prevent or reduce these instances and Asthalin is the emergency medicine to control sudden bouts. Hence, without fail you should start and continue using Budecort along with Montelukast and use Asthalin on SOS basis. As...  Read Full »

My son often suffers with dry cough. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5.6 years old. He is having dry cough for the last 8 to 10 weeks. It is very often worse at night. Also, he had a bad ulcer and pain. He also had a dry cough twice last year, but not this bad. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, that the cough is more at night and lasts for a long time this seems to be a case of hyperactive airway disease. This disease causes problems, mainly during changes in weather and lasts till the age of up to 8 years to maximum 12 years in children....  Read Full »