Budesonide

Is asthma patient at risk for COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I had asthma at the age of 10. Now my age is 21. I was given Formonide 100 inhaler daily. For the past three to four years, I occasionally use that inhaler once in one or two months. During this Corona period, I am using it daily as a precaution. From next week onwards I have to go to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a panic attack about Coronavirus. You are a known case of asthma but well controlled now. Well, an asthmatic patient is more prone to get infected by the COVID-19 virus, as it prim...  Read Full »

My friend gets chest pain after using inhalers. Kindly suggest an alternate medicine.

Query: hello I have a friend who is smoking since the 5th grade, she stopped smoking 4 months ago she was diagnosed with COPD. she gave her an inhaler Symbicort but when she takes it she has chest pain they change it for her flutiform she had also severe chest pain. she is 23 years old 43 kg  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Good day to you ma'am I have gone through your problem and its seems that your friend might be having some of the side effects of one of the medicines in the the inhaler.the inhaler that she is using contains two medicines. one of them is a beta 2 adrenergic receptor agonists and other is Corticost...  Read Full »

Will Forocort help in chest tightness and acute bronchitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 44 years old. I got flu symptoms two years back and after two weeks of slight chest pain. So my doctor prescribed Foracort 200 with Montair LC. Then in a few days, I got cured. Now, I have chest tightness and mucus but not much cough, no fever, and no running nose. It is looking lik...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Sonologist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With history, I would suggest a few medicines for cold. Treatment: 1) Tablet. Augmentin 625 1-0-1 X 5 days. 2) Tablet Pulmoclear 1-0-1 X 5 days. 3) Tablet Montek-LC 0-0-1 X 3 days. 4) Foracort 200 twice daily for 10 days and you can stop. Kindly take t...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for bowel pain and bowel wall thickening?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my bowel. I have had an MRI and the doctor noted that I have bowel wall thickening in my distal colon. Before that, I did a stool test that was negative in Calprotectin and I had a CDSA it showed no inflammation negative for Lactoferrin. No bacterial infection. I also h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very upset about your ill health. So the comprehensive stool analysis is well within normal limits-particularly calprotectin and lactoferrin which are inflammatory markers. Their absence theoretically excludes any inflammation within the b...  Read Full »

What causes chest tightness, throat itchiness, and the feeling of something stuck in the throat?

Query: I'm a 23 years old female. For almost a month i've been experiencing thightness of chest, itchiness of throat and i feel there is something stuck at my throat. I am currently taking zykast for the itchiness of the throat. I also have a health history of asthma and allergies.  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Gadge

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq. As you have mentioned, you are worried about your symptoms. Considering your history and previous symptoms, you may be having asthma as well as pharyngitis, at present. I would still advise you some investigations to confirm the diagnosis. And, if you are suffering fro...  Read Full »

Can smoking aggravates my asthmatic episode?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old and asthmatic. I weigh around 56 kg. My asthma is not severe and it is seasonal asthma and only happens during season change. Lately, my asthma is not going away I did a myteka and fexet course along an antibiotic course. I do use Ventolin inhaler which gives me reli...  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Gadge

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see that you are worried about your asthma. Let us start from scratch. Firstly, let us confirm your diagnosis of asthma and because you are having symptoms now it is the best time to perform spirometry. Secondly, for asthma, you have to use inhalational medication f...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take iron supplements while on asthmatic drugs during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 6 months pregnant now. Before pregnancy, I have been suffering through allergic rhinitis (sneezing and dry coughing). But as my pregnancy started, I got a cough with white phlegm. I wanted to avoid medicines during the first three months of pregnancy but due to late night coughi...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should continue bronchial asthma medicines. As it is required to control your symptoms and to make you healthy. If you do not take it then the effect on baby can be worse than while you are taking. As baby growth is fine do not worry about it. Iron and calcium are ...  Read Full »

What causes persistent chest congestion?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is dealing with continuous chest congestion and coughing with change in season. Doctor suggested Foracort 100 for two to three months with two shots in the morning and two at night after using nebulization Levolin 1.25 mg and Budecort 1 mg in the past for ches...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First off all I would suggest you to carry out chest x-ray and complete blood count to rule out lung infection like bronchitis. Foracort is a combination of Budesonide, a corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory and Formoterol, a long-acting bronchodilator, used to ...  Read Full »

Do Mucoram pill and Rhinocort spray interact with each other?

Query: Hi doctor, I took a Mucoram pill along with Rhinocort spray. Then, I had hyperventilating difficulty. I could not swallow and I cannot balance myself and felt more tired and weak. I feel that my brain became numb for a month. After a month, I am good now. But, still I feel some pressure and continuo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question and I understand your concern. Mucoram (Ambroxol Hydrochloride) is a mucolytic and Rhinocort is a corticosteroid Budesonide. Together their use with no prior history of some chronic obstructive pulmonary disease like asthma makes it likely eith...  Read Full »

My 4-year-old gets cough and cold frequently. What is the permanent solution for this problem?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding my 4 and a half-year-old son. He was born at 36.1 weeks and progressed normally. At around 2 years of age, he used to get frequent bouts of running nose and cough. He was hospitalized for lower respiratory tract infection at 2.7 years, and had febrile ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing your query to me. I can understand that you are very much concerned about the health of your son. From your history description, it seems that your son has bronchial asthma. Asthma usually occurs from exposure to the allergens in our surrounding ...  Read Full »