Budesonide

Will Forocort help in chest tightness and acute bronchitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 44 years old. I got flu symptoms two years back and after two weeks of slight chest pain. So my doctor prescribed Foracort 200 with Montair LC. Then in a few days, I got cured. Now, I have chest tightness and mucus but not much cough, no fever, and no running nose. It is looking lik...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Sonologist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With history, I would suggest a few medicines for cold. Treatment: 1) Tablet. Augmentin 625 1-0-1 X 5 days. 2) Tablet Pulmoclear 1-0-1 X 5 days. 3) Tablet Montek-LC 0-0-1 X 3 days. 4) Foracort 200 twice daily for 10 days and you can stop. Kindly take t...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for bowel pain and bowel wall thickening?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my bowel. I have had an MRI and the doctor noted that I have bowel wall thickening in my distal colon. Before that, I did a stool test that was negative in Calprotectin and I had a CDSA it showed no inflammation negative for Lactoferrin. No bacterial infection. I also h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very upset about your ill health. So the comprehensive stool analysis is well within normal limits-particularly calprotectin and lactoferrin which are inflammatory markers. Their absence theoretically excludes any inflammation within the b...  Read Full »

What causes chest tightness, throat itchiness, and the feeling of something stuck in the throat?

Query: I'm a 23 years old female. For almost a month i've been experiencing thightness of chest, itchiness of throat and i feel there is something stuck at my throat. I am currently taking zykast for the itchiness of the throat. I also have a health history of asthma and allergies.  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Gadge

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq. As you have mentioned, you are worried about your symptoms. Considering your history and previous symptoms, you may be having asthma as well as pharyngitis, at present. I would still advise you some investigations to confirm the diagnosis. And, if you are suffering fro...  Read Full »

Can smoking aggravates my asthmatic episode?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old and asthmatic. I weigh around 56 kg. My asthma is not severe and it is seasonal asthma and only happens during season change. Lately, my asthma is not going away I did a myteka and fexet course along an antibiotic course. I do use Ventolin inhaler which gives me reli...  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Gadge

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see that you are worried about your asthma. Let us start from scratch. Firstly, let us confirm your diagnosis of asthma and because you are having symptoms now it is the best time to perform spirometry. Secondly, for asthma, you have to use inhalational medication f...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take iron supplements while on asthmatic drugs during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 6 months pregnant now. Before pregnancy, I have been suffering through allergic rhinitis (sneezing and dry coughing). But as my pregnancy started, I got a cough with white phlegm. I wanted to avoid medicines during the first three months of pregnancy but due to late night coughi...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should continue bronchial asthma medicines. As it is required to control your symptoms and to make you healthy. If you do not take it then the effect on baby can be worse than while you are taking. As baby growth is fine do not worry about it. Iron and calcium are ...  Read Full »

What causes persistent chest congestion?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is dealing with continuous chest congestion and coughing with change in season. Doctor suggested Foracort 100 for two to three months with two shots in the morning and two at night after using nebulization Levolin 1.25 mg and Budecort 1 mg in the past for ches...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First off all I would suggest you to carry out chest x-ray and complete blood count to rule out lung infection like bronchitis. Foracort is a combination of Budesonide, a corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory and Formoterol, a long-acting bronchodilator, used to ...  Read Full »

Do Mucoram pill and Rhinocort spray interact with each other?

Query: Hi doctor, I took a Mucoram pill along with Rhinocort spray. Then, I had hyperventilating difficulty. I could not swallow and I cannot balance myself and felt more tired and weak. I feel that my brain became numb for a month. After a month, I am good now. But, still I feel some pressure and continuo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question and I understand your concern. Mucoram (Ambroxol Hydrochloride) is a mucolytic and Rhinocort is a corticosteroid Budesonide. Together their use with no prior history of some chronic obstructive pulmonary disease like asthma makes it likely eith...  Read Full »

My 4-year-old gets cough and cold frequently. What is the permanent solution for this problem?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding my 4 and a half-year-old son. He was born at 36.1 weeks and progressed normally. At around 2 years of age, he used to get frequent bouts of running nose and cough. He was hospitalized for lower respiratory tract infection at 2.7 years, and had febrile ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing your query to me. I can understand that you are very much concerned about the health of your son. From your history description, it seems that your son has bronchial asthma. Asthma usually occurs from exposure to the allergens in our surrounding ...  Read Full »

Why do I get swelling in feet and ankle after Entocort intake?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 62-year-old female. I was diagnosed with collagenous colitis following colonoscopy biopsies. I started on Entocort, three days later I have severe swelling in feet and ankles. I am fatigued the next day. On the seventh day, I had swelling of lips and a strange feeling in the th...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Entocort (Budesonide) is a corticosteroid. It is very unlikely to cause anemia, especially to the extent that you had. What was your hemoglobin prior to the colonoscopy? If it was near normal and then dropped to 3.6, that would be a huge drop. If you had gastrointestin...  Read Full »

Will Levolin, budecort inhalers and Montair LC kid cause any side effect in a 6-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 6 years old. He got lung allergy so the doctor gave Levolin 100 and Budecort inhalers and some syrup like Montair LC kid. So my son is getting free from the fever, coughs, and cold by using these medicines. After completion of these medicines course, he is repeating with the...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The doctor has given the right treatment and please follow his instructions. The inhalers are safe and do not have any side effects as the dose of medicine is in micrograms which is very small. The allergic problem will resolve by itself as he grows. Sweating when f...  Read Full »