Budesonide

Will Levolin, budecort inhalers and Montair LC kid cause any side effect in a 6-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 6 years old. He got lung allergy so the doctor gave Levolin 100 and Budecort inhalers and some syrup like Montair LC kid. So my son is getting free from the fever, coughs, and cold by using these medicines. After completion of these medicines course, he is repeating with the...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The doctor has given the right treatment and please follow his instructions. The inhalers are safe and do not have any side effects as the dose of medicine is in micrograms which is very small. The allergic problem will resolve by itself as he grows. Sweating when f...  Read Full »

Is Foracort inhaler safe?

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from bronchitis. Should I use Foracort inhaler before or after the workout? Does Foracort inhaler cleanse the lungs? How does Foracort work on lungs? What are the side effects?  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you rightly said, Foracort inhaler (combination of Budesonide and Formoterol) is advised for asthmatic bronchitis. It must be taken before any workout. This kind of inhaler controls the inflammation in the airways and widens its caliber. So on long term use, your as...  Read Full »

What is Montair LC Kid used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years and seven months old. She is a healthy kid. After two and a half years, we observed that she repeatedly catches a cold and cough. The cold lasts for more than two weeks followed by a cough. Her under eye becomes dark. She breathes with her mouth and keeps her...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like a case of hyper reactive airway disease. You will need to use the Budecort inhaler (Budesonide) continuously and observe. The Asthalin inhaler (Salbutamol) will need to be given if there is a cough or cold for a week. Continue Montair LC Kid (Monteluka...  Read Full »

Can asthma be permanently cured?

Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 4 years and 4 months is premature by birth at 34 weeks. His current weight is 15.5 kg. He always used to get a cough and sometimes fever in an interval of every two to three months, especially since last one year. However, there is no other visible physical or mental problem ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though your son is premature, it does not matter with the present illness. Let me first clear you that he is suffering from bronchial asthma. And anyone can have asthma without any family history. So, it is not necessary to be always run in families. To confirm the dia...  Read Full »

Can Budecort and Montelukast be given together in a child?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 3.5 years old. We live in a place which has a lot of dust along with cold weather. My son has been suffering from regular cold cough problems since he turned 1, on an average three times in a month. Sometimes, the gap is longer when we are too careful and maybe the weather is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that Budecort inhaler is the medicine to prevent or reduce these instances and Asthalin is the emergency medicine to control sudden bouts. Hence, without fail you should start and continue using Budecort along with Montelukast and use Asthalin on SOS basis. As...  Read Full »

My son often suffers with dry cough. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5.6 years old. He is having dry cough for the last 8 to 10 weeks. It is very often worse at night. Also, he had a bad ulcer and pain. He also had a dry cough twice last year, but not this bad. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, that the cough is more at night and lasts for a long time this seems to be a case of hyperactive airway disease. This disease causes problems, mainly during changes in weather and lasts till the age of up to 8 years to maximum 12 years in children....  Read Full »

Is there any permanent solution for wheezing and dust allergy?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 31 years old.  I have a history of eosinophilia and dust allergy since the age of 12 years.  The onset of eosinophilia and dust allergy has become more frequent since I moved to Bangalore (5-6 years).  Sometimes I suffer wheezing, running nose and watery eyes.  Since, last two...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to say that bronchial asthma or allergic bronchitis is just controllable and not completely curable. Following are the answers for your questions: 1. You should avoid Glemont-F. Reserve it only for acute exacerbations. Try to control your problem with inhale...  Read Full »

Do high eosinophil count and low Hb level indicate allergic reaction?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 27 year old female who has been suffered from hay fever for some years. Now, she has now been referred to the Chest Clinic with breathing difficulties. She has commented that her condition appears to worsen when she visits her friend, who is a cat owner. On examination, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The history and reports are suggestive towards allergic bronchitis, or asthma-like condition. The wheezing is indicative of bronchoconstriction (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Low hemoglobin value evaluated separately with peripheral smear examination and a...  Read Full »

My serum bicarbonate level is low. Is it due to respiratory alkalosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been really sick from last two weeks. Two weeks ago, I had flu symptoms, like headaches, body aches, low fever, chest tightness, and shortness of breath. The chest symptoms were there straight away, and my asthma medicines (Symbicort and Ventolin) were not working from the start...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kumar Nookala

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry for your trouble. From the symptoms that you have explained, and the reports that you have uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you are an asthmatic patient and it is not under control. And you are also anxious. Let me ...  Read Full »

My 3.3 year old son has allergic rhinitis. Can I use Budecord inhaler?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 3.3 years old. Last year, he had three episodes of allergic rhinitis and one episode of allergic conjunctivitis. This year, our pediatrician asked us to get an allergy test done, and he put my son on Momeflo, Nukast 4, and Levolin inhaler. We found out that he is allergic to...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Asthma can sometimes present as cough and allergic reactions in the skin. This is called atopy. You are doing right by avoiding the potential allergens. There are two types of treatment in asthma, and one is steroid and other is a beta-agonist. It depends on the severity ...  Read Full »