Acute Liver Failure

Can liver failure cause blood in urine and weakness?

Query: He's my dad, becoming weak day by day. We consulted doctor who told the urine is containing blood also although its not visible looking at urine. His leg was also swelling, on medication it became fine. He also added, it may be liver failure but he didn't confirm. How he's becoming weak?Age :73Weig...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. I can understand you must be very upset about your father. The history you provided provides a little clue to what excatly he is sufferring with. Non visible blood in urine is called microscopic hematuria. Some liver condition can cause this problem such as Hepatit...  Read Full »

If I had six Paracetamol tablets and seven of Mefenamic acid, how bad can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. What if I have six tablets of 500 mg Paracetamol (Crocin advance) and seven tablets of 500 mg Mefenamic acid (Ponstan forte) at one go (within five minutes)? How bad will it be? What will the side effects be?  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This dose is really too high. You should not take medicines like this without a proper prescription from your doctor. You may have an acute liver failure. Stop them right now and take a high-carbohydrate diet for the next five to seven days. ...  Read Full »

Is a BP of 99/68 normal in case of a liver failure?

Query: Hello doctor,Is a BP of 99/68 good in case of stage-4 cirrhosis and liver failure? I am currently on Dopamine, Potassium chloride and Albumin human 25.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are on Dopamine, which is a medicine to increase the BP (blood pressure). So, if we decrease the dosage of Dopamine, the BP may fall. Also, whether the BP is good or not depends on the functioning of other organs like whether there is urine ...  Read Full »