Q. If I had six Paracetamol tablets and seven of Mefenamic acid, how bad can it be?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao
Published on Nov 22, 2017

I am 18 years old. What if I have six tablets of 500 mg Paracetamol (Crocin advance) and seven tablets of 500 mg Mefenamic acid (Ponstan forte) at one go (within five minutes)? How bad will it be? What will the side effects be?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

• This dose is really too high. You should not take medicines like this without a proper prescription from your doctor.
  • You may have an acute liver failure.
  • Stop them right now and take a high-carbohydrate diet for the next five to seven days.
  • Do not do this in the future.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Acute and Chronic Hepatitis B Infection

Article Overview: Hepatitis B is a virus that predominantly affects the liver. Infection of hepatitis B may be cleared from the body and may go to chronic infection. Chronic hepatitis B may cause chronic liver damage and liver cirrhosis. Hepatitis B may cause liver cancer in a small proportion of infected patients. Read Article

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Overview: Hepatitis B is the virus that predominantly affects the liver. There are various routes of hepatitis B infection. The important causes of infection are contaminated needle prick, blood transfusions from an infected individual, unprotected sex, and maternal to child transmission. Infectio...  Read Article

Is Garcinia Cambogia a good slimming product? Can you suggest low carb diet chart ?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My height is 166 cm and I weigh 77 kg. Actually, I used to take less food only. But, I do not know, how I am getting obese. One of my friend said that Garcinia cambogia is a good slimming product. So, before using that, I thought of consulting a dietician. If...  Read Full >>

Dr. Manidipa Dey
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to have low calorie, low carbohydrate and high protein balanced diet chart for your weight loss. According to your height, your ideal body weight should be 63-65 kg. Diet and exercise both are important for the weight loss program. Exercise regularly. Do n...  Read Full

Is a BP of 99/68 normal in case of a liver failure?

Query: Hello doctor,Is a BP of 99/68 good in case of stage-4 cirrhosis and liver failure? I am currently on Dopamine, Potassium chloride and Albumin human 25.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are on Dopamine, which is a medicine to increase the BP (blood pressure). So, if we decrease the dosage of Dopamine, the BP may fall. Also, whether the BP is good or not depends on the functioning of other organs like whether there is urine ...  Read Full