Q. Is a BP of 99/68 normal in case of a liver failure?

Is a BP of 99/68 good in case of stage-4 cirrhosis and liver failure? I am currently on Dopamine, Potassium chloride and Albumin human 25.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

• You have mentioned that you are on Dopamine, which is a medicine to increase the BP (blood pressure). So, if we decrease the dosage of Dopamine, the BP may fall. Also, whether the BP is good or not depends on the functioning of other organs like whether there is urine output or not. Some patients may function very well with a BP of 90 without any symptoms while some may not.
  • You should also undergo an echocardiogram to look for the heart functions. If it is low, then our target BP is also low and Dopamine should be gradually tapered off. 

Overall, it is a good one. Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|