What is the treatment plan for 48-year-old women with grade 1 endometrial adenocarcinoma and right ovary with endometroid carcinoma well differentiated 4.5 cm?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Please also provide me with the following details to provide a treatment plan.
1. Depth of myometrial invasion.
2. Lymphovascular invasion- is present or not?
3. Status of the lymph node.
4. Peritoneal or omental sampling is done or not?
5. Pre-operative MRI findings.
Thank you doctor,
1. Focal myometrial invasion present on the inner half (no deep invasion).
2. Lympho-vascular invasion is not present.
3. MRI showed only uterus cancer not spot in the ovary.
Thank you doctor,
The surgical pathology report says,
1. Endometrial adenocarcinoma, endometrioid, FIGO grade1 focal myometrial invasion present (inner half) invasion of deep myometrial not identified T1a. Lymph- vascular invasion not identified. Uterine cervix with no evidence of malignancy or dysplasia. Background endometrium with atypical hyperplasia. The definite extrauterine extension is not identified. Small intramural leiomyoma and focal adenomyosis present TNM T1A, NX.
2. Right ovary with endometrial carcinoma, is well-differentiated measuring 4.5 cm in most significant linear dimension involvement of ovarian surface not identified. Lymphovascular invasion not identified. Benign unremarkable left ovary. Benign unremarkable fallopian tubes. No testing of lymph nodes.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
Based on the histopathology report, no further oncological treatment is needed. But need a routine follow-up for every four to six months. I would suggest annual imaging with contrast CT scan of chest or abdomen or pelvis with biannual blood works such as complete blood count, creatinine, and Ca125.
Query: Hi doctor, Last month, I had an unusual spotting during the time I was using Nuvaring. That never happened before. So, I decided to take the ring off, but during that time, it was menstruation. I never had a normal flux, just spotting all the time. At first, kind of brown and after, redder and then... Read Full >>
Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nuvaring is Etonogestrel and Ethinylestradiol containing contraceptive. Hormones have its own side effects and appear a bit differently in every individual female. Combined contraceptives have short-term effects like abnormal bleeding, spotting, mood variations, brea... Read Full
Query: Hi doctor, Here are the results of a prostate biopsy. What do you think of the results? Do you recommend surgery or chemotherapy for a 71 year old? Read Full >>
Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The prostate biopsy report is suggestive of high grade prostate adenocarcinoma. So, the recommended treatment would be either a laparoscopic radical prostatectomy or radiotherapy in the form of IMRT (intensity-modulated radiation therapy). No role for chemotherapy as a... Read Full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Medical Oncologist Now