Q. Is it advisable to get surgery done after radio and chemotherapy for adenocarcinoma?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
Published on Dec 17, 2018

My father got cancer and the treatment was done. According to the reports, some of the doctors said he must need the surgery right now, and some of his doctors said he is fine after radiotherapy and chemo as the tumor and cancer cells are unseen in his body right now. So what do you suggest after seeing all his reports on the file there? Please help me with your valuable opinion.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), suggesting adenocarcinoma of text, which is 3 cm from anal verge with infiltrating surrounding lymph nodes. As I will tell you they did chemotherapy to reduce the extension of cancer cells surrounding the anal canal. As it is now very important to resection of that tumorpart, to prevent further extension. As good news is that this kind of cancer response is good for the surgery, so surgery must be done to treat this condition. So, your doctor has advised correctly.

Thank you so much.

Cataract Surgery FAQ - Eye Health

Article Overview: No one in the world is free from aging. It is only natural that cataract, a disease of aging, is the most commonly performed non-emergency, daycare surgery in the world. In this article, I try to answer commonly asked questions from cataract patients. Read Article

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

No one in the world is free from aging. It is only natural that cataract, a disease of aging is the most commonly performed non-emergency, daycare surgery in the world. Here I have dealt with questions that cataract patients commonly ask me. How do I know that I have developed cataract? Almost eve...  Read Article

My father was diagnosed with prostatic adenocarcinoma. What should we do?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is diagnosed with prostatic adenocarcinoma. His biopsy reports show Gleason's grade 3+4 (% of 4 is 30%), tumor involves 60 % of submitted biopsy. No perineural invasion is seen. His PSA level is 107.69 ng/mL. He has triple vessel heart disease, and the echo result showed EP...  Read Full »

Is there any way to prevent eye damage during radiotherapy for nose cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,I have nose cancer, so I am going to get radiotherapy. The doctor said that the radiation might touch the eye, which may lead to loss of vision and eye removal. Is there any other way to prevent this? Please help.  Read Full »