Q. I want to figure out whether I have ADHD. I am not able to concentrate in school.

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am trying to figure out if I have ADHD. I cannot concentrate at school. While reading, my mind wanders off, and I forget everything. If I stay still, I shake a bit. Please help me.

#

The information you have provided indicates towards ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder). But at the same time, there are other conditions that have similar kind of presentation as you have reported. Other than this, there are a few other criteria that should be present before saying whether it is due to ADHD or not. According to the classification systems by APA and WHO, around 10 criteria are required, and few psychological tests are administered before making a formal diagnosis. If you want to be sure about your diagnosis, it will be better to meet a psychiatrist in person or to have an online/telephone counseling with a psychiatrist at icliniq. They can help you understand your problem so that you can take appropriate decision.

|