Q. Which of my two specialists should I listen to?

I have ADD and narcolepsy as well. I have not been on any medications for either. I consulted a sleep specialist and psychiatrist in two weeks separately. I have taken Phentermine 37.5 in the past for weight loss which did not work. I would take two pills and still be tired and go to sleep. I was told Phentermine is a stimulant. If this stimulant does not work, will no stimulants work for me with this dual diagnosis? And which of two specialists should I listen to in the event they disagree with what I should take?

#

• Phentermine is a stimulant drug, but its use is mainly limited to weight loss. If that does not work for you, it does not mean that other drugs will not work. If you have been diagnosed with ADD (attention deficit disorder) and you have narcolepsy, then other stimulant drugs should be tried.
  • Methylphenidate or Adderall (a combination of Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine) are other stimulant drugs that can be used. These will reduce the attacks of narcolepsy too and will help improve concentration in case of ADD symptoms.

Please discuss with your psychiatrist about my suggestions. Take care.

For more information consult a sleep medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sleep-medicine-physician

|