Q. Why do I get frustrated easily?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2019

People called me stupid and annoying it is not that I do not understand. It is that I cannot focus, I have a tough time focusing, and I would not deny I am annoying. I never sit still I am wandering around the house all the time I told my dad I would not sit still even if I was glued to the sit and he said I believe that.

People complain about the fact I talk a lot, and I talk fast. I climbed a broken fence I love climbing fences when I was 12 I let my friend push me across the road in a shopping cart, and I let my friend push me around in a shopping cart on a bumpy ground I do not think before I act. I get very mad when people talk badly about me I get easily frustrated I get crazy if I cannot find something or if mess up on something I will pretty much get mad over anything I have a low tolerance when it comes to anger. ADHD runs in my family.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry
#

You are reporting symptoms which are suggestive of ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactive disorder). How are you managing at school? Further assessment, including developmental history from parents, corroborative information from school will help to clarify the severity of your symptoms and also to rule out other conditions mimicking ADHD.

Effective management of the underlying condition will help you to function better. I will advise discussing with your parents and consult your doctor locally who can refer you for further specialist assessment as needed. Depending on the evaluation, medication or behavioral support may be recommended.Meanwhile, you can try some strategies to improve your functioning. Exercise regularly, make a reminder list for essential weekly activities to avoid missing deadlines, minimize distractions by avoiding TV, mobile during your work hours, etc. I hope this helps.

| 

What can be done to manage hyperactivity in an autism child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 7 years old. Diagnosed with mild autism when he was 3. Currently, showing hyperactivity, unable to sit still without supervision. Seems restless all the time. He has delayed speech development. He is not on any medication but under behavioral therapy.  Read Full »

How to treat my ADHD?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ADHD. My common symptoms are disturbance of selective attention of auditory and visual input, disorders of visual perception, impaired organization and categorization of verbal material, disturbance of language comprehension, impaired long-term memory, altered personality and affec...  Read Full »

Mediterranean Diet and ADHD Prevention

Article Overview: For the first time, a team of researchers was able to demonstrate a strong link between a type of diet and the risk of ADHD. Read Article

Dr. Laurent Hiffler
Nutritionist

This article is a review of a study that showed how Mediterranean type of diet can influence ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). A research team published a very interesting study demonstrating for the first time, a strong link between a type of diet and the risk of ADHD. Children who ...  Read Article