Common "Behavior Therapy" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Behavior Therapy

Behavioral therapy is a widely used and most effective type of therapy to treat mental health disorders. It is helpful for people suffering from anxiety, depression, panic disorders, anger issues, eating disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), bipolar disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), OCD, and substance abuse.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My habit of smiling at serious moments cause trouble in my professional career. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bad habit of smiling at serious moments. Unfortunately, this is hampering my professional career. It is a childhood problem, but I was not bothered about it. Now I have started my career as a teacher, and sometimes at the height of serious moments, I smile automatically without ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to this happen impulsively? Are there any associated symptoms? Do you feel the urge to do it? If you could answer these questions, I can help you better. Thank you.  Read Full »

My 13-year-old son has an extreme fear of swear words and is scared of talking in school. How do I manage him?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 13-year-old boy child with extreme fear of swear words and gets very uncomfortable hearing when other kids say them. He is also very scared of having the talk in school. I think he might have an emotional breakdown if this happens according to his teachers. Is there a name for e...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Children develop their views as per the teachings of parents, teachers, peers, and other environmental things. All these together with their genetic constitution develop their nature, personality, and belief system. It seems he is a very pious person with too much att...  Read Full »

I get frustrated easily with low tolerance. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, People called me stupid and annoying it is not that I do not understand. It is that I cannot focus, I have a tough time focusing, and I would not deny I am annoying. I never sit still I am wandering around the house all the time I told my dad I would not sit still even if I was glued t...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You are reporting symptoms which are suggestive of ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactive disorder). How are you managing at school? Further assessment, including developmental history from parents, corroborative information from school will help to clarify the severity o...  Read Full »

I suffer from premature ejaculation. What has to be done?

Query: Hello doctor,I suffer from premature ejaculation. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Premature ejaculation can be managed by two approaches: Non-pharmacological management. It includes behavioral therapy namely start-stop technique, squeezes technique and coitus interruption. You can google them and start practicing any one of the above-mentioned tech...  Read Full »

How to change a child's angry and violent behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, My niece is five years old now. She has difficulty in talking to new people. She becomes excessively angry at times and shows violent behaviors like scratching and kicking. She prefers to watch videos of old people and imitates them. When she paints or plays, suddenly becomes angry and d...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. Every child is different and has a different temperament. If your niece milestones are normal, she can have a proper eye to eye contact while talking, she can make friends, and she will not have restrictive and repetitive behavior. She has...  Read Full »

I am having depression and anxiety. Kindly suggest management.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having depression. I suddenly get sad and cry myself to sleep. I cannot face people as I feel anxious and tensed. I vomit whenever I feel tensed and anxious which is effecting my health. I cannot eat properly or mingle with people as I am always in a fear that something ba...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The symptoms like sad mood, crying spells could be due to some mood disturbance. Anxiety, fear, and anticipation that something bad will happen, poor social interaction, etc., are part of anxiety and mood disturbance. If these symptoms are resulting in distress and a...  Read Full »

Why do my baby bangs his head on the wall?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 1-year-old. He bangs his head on the wall or floor when he is upset. I want to know whether it happens due to any health issue. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Bhaisara Baraturam Bhagrati

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. It is one of the most common behavior problem seen in children. Kids do it when they are in frustration, when they require attention seeking, and when they have a stubborn behavior. Rarely, it can be a part of hyperactivity complex. It is ...  Read Full »

I am an extremely emotional person. Is there something I can take to balance it out?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from high anxiety and mild depression. I am currently on Wellbutrin XL and Ativan for days that are really tough. I have always been an extremely emotional person. I have enough emotions to go around for multiple people. This severely impacts my life. What does this mean? Is t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Being emotional is your personality. It is not wrong. But, if you think that your personality (nature) is affecting your daily life or routine, then you should consult a psychologist for counseling. There are no medications that can change your nature, but some alterna...  Read Full »

What is the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking into a career in child psychiatry, but cannot really understand the difference between what a child psychologist would be doing and what a child psychiatrist would be doing. Any child psychiatrists out here who can give me some information?  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to A child psychiatrist is a psychiatrist who is a medical doctor and treats patients of child psychiatry by pharmacological and non-pharmacological means. They are specialists and gain specialization after attaining a medical graduate degree. A child psychologist is a s...  Read Full »

I have extreme and unstable emotions. What is wrong with me?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female, 5 feet and 8 inches, 285 lbs; currently taking Seroquel 100 mg at night and Adderall 30 mg on days I have to work. I have a history of depression, anxiety, self-harm, drug abuse, obsessive thoughts, and chronic fatigue. I have gained 40 lb weight in the past ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your problem and understand your concern. I understand you were diagnosed as suffering from borderline personality disorder(BPD) and responded poorly to treatment despite multiple medications. In BPD, usually, you do not respond to medicines. You al...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.