Q. Why am I having difficulty to cope after separation from my girlfriend?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
This is a premium question & answer published on May 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I am a 28 year old man. My girlfriend left me last month and I am going through severe heart pains and anxiety. My heart pounds and beats very loudly. I cannot concentrate on anything. I am having this constant urge to call her and I am not able to control myself. Due to my constant calling, she threatened me to change her number. But, still I feel like I should call her. I feel as if my hands and legs pulling me to pick the telephone and call her. I am becoming like mad. She said I have turned psycho and she cannot trust my mental condition. I forced her to be with me and she said she hates me and threatened me. I was not like this before, rejection turned me into a psycho. We used to talk daily on phone and I was really addicted to her. Now, she informed me that she is getting married. I am going through disbelief and lot of pain. I feel as if I am useless. I feel anger. I feel guilt. I feel why did this happen with my life? I cannot sleep properly. I am currently at home after my MBA and will be joining my job in some days, but I do not feel motivated. Please help.

#

• It is a kind of adjustment disorder. After the breakup you are not able to accept it and having difficulty in adjusting. It is a common problem.
  • You need to take a medicine; it will help you in dealing with this situation.
  • Take tablet Pari CR (Paroxetine 12.5 mg and Clonazepam 0.5 mg) one tablet at night for 14 days.
  • Along with that, you need to make some changes in your life. Try to make a time table of your day. Keep yourself busy in any of your hobby.
  • Try not to think or call her. Join new job and make new targets of your life.
  • Make new friends or girlfriend. Make frequent contact to your old friends, relatives and family members.
  • I think it is not impossible for you to start a new life. Give a second chance to your life. You can read positive inspirational quotes.

All the very best. Have a bright future. Try to follow my suggestions and take medication for 14 days. It will definitely help you.

Review after two weeks to a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|