Q. How to prevent aerosinusitis?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

I have a problem-related flight landing. I have experienced a sudden and sharp pain in the eyebrows in 3 out of 10 flights. It is very painful. I have noticed it happens when I have a cold and cough. I searched on the internet and got to know aerosinusitis or barosinusitis. How to prevent it with medicine? Will Betahistine or vertigo tablet work?

#

• Aerosinusitis or barosinusitis (mucus membrane inflammation due to pressure difference within the sinus) is usually if there is mucosal hypertrophy in the paranasal sinuses. You should get a CT scan paranasal sinuses done and send me the pictures.
  • Secondly, next time before you land, try using a nasal spray half an hour before landing.
  • If there is any nasal pathology on CT scan, then it should be corrected.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

Is my nasal allergy pointing to rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have nasal allergies which can trigger sneezing and a runny nose along with sneezing when I come in contact with dust. However, I constantly have thick post nasal drip mucus that covers my vocal chords and makes my voice very weak all the time. My nose has not felt 100 % open in yea...  Read Full »

What is nasal septal deviation with spur formation?

Query: Hi doctor, Over six months I have had what was thought to be an epidermoid cyst at the end of the right side of my nose. I have taken antibiotics on a regular basis as there is redness, swelling and tenderness in the area when inflamed. Approximately 2 weeks ago this cyst on my nose became very inf...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for sinusitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 69 year old male and retired internist. Other than vitamins and prostate-related herbs, I take no medication. I have no allergies and have never smoked. My past medical or surgical history is rather unremarkable. I have had several bouts of acute sinusitis in years past. Four week...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»