Q. How to prevent aerosinusitis?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

I have a problem-related flight landing. I have experienced a sudden and sharp pain in the eyebrows in 3 out of 10 flights. It is very painful. I have noticed it happens when I have a cold and cough. I searched on the internet and got to know aerosinusitis or barosinusitis. How to prevent it with medicine? Will Betahistine or vertigo tablet work?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

Audiology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• Aerosinusitis or barosinusitis (mucus membrane inflammation due to pressure difference within the sinus) is usually if there is mucosal hypertrophy in the paranasal sinuses. You should get a CT scan paranasal sinuses done and send me the pictures.
  • Secondly, next time before you land, try using a nasal spray half an hour before landing.
  • If there is any nasal pathology on CT scan, then it should be corrected.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|