Q. Can brain tumor cause one-sided headache?

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2020

I am getting one-sided headache. I do not get them often. They are behind my right eye and temple area. Now this time I am also fighting with heavy cold and cough. It came on late morning today and it hurts more when I cough or shake my head or bend over. Prior to this, I had the same headache about four months ago. At that time it came on midafternoon and lasted till next morning. Prior to that, I had the same headache exactly on the right side and lasted for a day. I am on CCB and Protonix. I am scared of brain tumor. Please help.

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Neuro Surgery Neurology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

Based on what you have told, this is more likely to be due to sinusitis.

Sinuses are small air filled cavities in your skull bone. They can get infected and when they are infected, you will get headaches behind eyes. Such headaches will be more common during cold and cough.

Brain tumor headache will be on both sides, more in forehead and you will also have vomiting in that case.

Based on what you have told, this is more likely due to simple sinus infection instead of brain tumor.

CT brain and CT paranasal sinuses.

For further information consult a neurologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

Does the blood pressure medication could cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old female. I have aches in my limbs and thighs especially at night. It is often characterized by heaviness in limbs. I am getting headache chiefly in left side of the head. I am taking painkiller at least once in a week for the same. I am taking Newtel 40 mg for blood pres...  Read Full »

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

How can I completely cure paralysis in extremities due to stroke?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 55 years old. For the past 20 years, I have been paralyzed in the right extremities. Initially, I took allopathy treatment but it was not helping. So, took Ayurveda and really it helped a lot. My voice came back but with stuttering. When I talk about something I forget some words...  Read Full »