Q. What is the treatment for alcohol and smoking addiction?

My husband is addicted to alcohol and smoking. What treatment is recommended?

#

First of all, treatment for alcohol addiction and smoking is a self-decision and self will. If he is willing to stop, then you can take help from de-addiction centers for medicines.

To reduce alcohol craving, I would suggest Acamprosate along with Etizolam for withdrawal symptoms. For smoking cessation, Buspirone can be helpful. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Again the only concern is that the person should be willing.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

How to get proper sleep with medicine during depression?

Query: Hi doctor, I began taking Valium 5 mg for the past 40 years for the depression. It gradually went up to Valium 10 mg taking three to five tablets every night. Later on, I took a psychiatric advice. The doctor told me to quit the tablet but I was not able to do it. Now, the present doctor says, it i...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to consume alcohol with my medicines?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from the following symptoms. Left lower abdomen pain, constant mushy stools (twice had blood), constant watery stools, heart twitches a couple of times a day, abdomen hurts more when I sit or lay down. I am a chronic alcoholic. I have searched in the internet resources and ...  Read Full »

Can I take anxiety medicines in pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 18 weeks pregnant and have symptoms of severe anxiety and insomnia. Can I take anxiety medicine in pregnancy? Please help. I used to take Melzap 0.25 mg and Etilam 0.25 mg.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»