Q. Is it safe to use Flonase daily?

Published on May 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2019

I am a 36 year old male. I am allergic to pollen and I seem to get allergic reactions randomly even outside the allergy season. Ever since I started taking Flonase, it has completely eliminated all symptoms. Is this safe? Can I take it every day for the rest of my life? Thanks.

#

• Your allergies due to pollen might be seasonal. Did you try tapering it off when the weather changes?
  • The best step would be to determine your allergens. I would suggest patch test first to eliminate potential environmental allergens or receive relative permanent solution against them.
  • You have alternative choices like using Claritin (Loratadine), Zyrtec (Cetirizine) or Allegra (Fexofenadine). These should be used once daily and all are antihistamines.
  • Flonase (Fluticasone propionate nasal spray) is a nasal steroid and I am afraid that you may have to use it as far as the allergens are around.
  • Try using the alternative treatments while obtaining a patch test, that way you will avoid taking Flonase.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Paracetamol in Pregnancies

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is suffering from severe cold, headache and throat pain. Can she take Paracetamol, antibiotics, and Cetirizine? We are planning for pregnancy, using medicine for it. This is her 12th day after the period.  Read Full »

How can I cure myself from fur allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am quite allergic to dogs, cats, and pretty much anything with fur, which exacerbated my asthma, sneezing, and itchy eyes. I am hoping to get a job at home health, but many people have dogs and cats. Is there anything that could be done for me to enable to work in home health? Furtherm...  Read Full »

What treatment should I get for anaphylaxis?

Query: Hi doctor, Last week, I was bitten by red ant. Within 5 minutes I was collapsed and immediately rushed to the hospital. My BP was low at 80/60 mmHg. It was detected as anaphylaxis. I hereby attaching the treatment sheet for your reference. Six months ago, my 2 year old son expired due to unknown ins...  Read Full »