Q. Can Paracetamol, antibiotics, and Cetirizine be taken with pregnancy medicines?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 20, 2018

My wife is suffering from severe cold, headache and throat pain. Can she take Paracetamol, antibiotics, and Cetirizine? We are planning for pregnancy, using medicine for it. This is her 12th day after the period.

#

Your wife is having sore throat problem and cause is acute pharyngitis case. You can give her Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days. For throat pain, Paracetamol 500 mg SOS can be prescribed. Also, give her vitamin C 500 mg tablet BD for five days. Drink more water. Avoid excess spicy foods. If no improvement in three to five days, then will do further work up until then no need to use an antibiotic. Take care.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|