Q. Can Paracetamol, antibiotics, and Cetirizine be taken with pregnancy medicines?

My wife is suffering from severe cold, headache and throat pain. Can she take Paracetamol, antibiotics, and Cetirizine? We are planning for pregnancy, using medicine for it. This is her 12th day after the period.

Do you have a question on Pharyngitis or Antibiotics?

Ask a Doctor Now

M.B.B.S., M.D
Hematology Pathology

Your wife is having sore throat problem and cause is acute pharyngitis case. You can give her Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days. For throat pain, Paracetamol 500 mg SOS can be prescribed. Also, give her vitamin C 500 mg tablet BD for five days. Drink more water. Avoid excess spicy foods. If no improvement in three to five days, then will do further work up until then no need to use an antibiotic. Take care.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

Will antibiotics help to improve IBS?
Query: Hello doctor,My mother is now 55 years and has been suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for over a year. Her condition was not so bad before. She was diagnosed with intestinal disease and was given some antibiotics like Flagyl or Metronidazole. After she took those pills for a month, she h...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can understand your concern. As you told that your mother had IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), I want to tell you that antibiotics are not the treatment for IBS. Probiotics ca...  Read Full »

What to do if strep test is positive, but my symptoms are like viral?
Query: Hi doctor, During my travel I had a sore throat, 102 degree fever and back aches. I did not have a stuffy nose or congestion. I previously had bladder infection three weeks ago and the doctor whom I visited in that place prescribed me Levofloxacin. I think he was treating me for a kidney infection, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Strep pharyngitis is usually graded by modified center criteria. I do not have all the elements to plug in the numbers. Classically, you should have fever, exudates on the tonsils and posterior pharynx, cervical lymph node enlargement and absence of cough. Your posi...  Read Full »

Will Silver nitrate cure granulation with pharyngitis?
Query: Hello doctor, My ENT doctor told me that I am having granulation with pharyngitis. He applied silver nitrate. Will I be fine?  Read Full »
Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda
ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you specified might be granular pharyngitis. If it is a recurrent condition you can be treated with Silver Nitrate to remove those granulations. There is no problem in the above-mentioned treatment. Apart from antacids, I suggest you take antibiotics and mou...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now