Q. What could be the best medicine for allergic rhinitis?

Dr. Alok Rathi
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 13, 2015 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am currently using Duonase nasal spray and Odimont LC for the allergic rhinitis. I am getting mild fever after taking Duonase.

• Is it safe to take Duonase?
  • Can I take Paracetamol for fever while using Duonase?
  • Is there any alternative for Duonase without steroids?
#

• Duonase (combination of Azelastine hydrochloride and Fluticasone propionate) is a topical corticosteroid and is safe.
  • Yes, you can take Paracetamol for fever.
  • Alternative treatment is to avoid the possible allergens you are suspecting. 
  • Mometasone containing nasal sprays are other options.

For further information consult an allergy specialist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

Thank you doctor. I would like to know is there any ayurveda treatment available for allergic rhinitis? Because I do not want to use steroids as it has worse side effects in long-term use. Please suggest.

#

• There are no side effects with topical Corticosteroids. You can start using Metaspray (Mometasone) one puff in each nostril in the morning after breakfast. If the spray reaches your throat, you should not swallow, just spit it out.
  • The only precaution is using it in proper way. Use your left hand to spray in right nostril and vice versa. With proper usage, no side effects will occur.
  • You can try ayurveda too. But results will take longer time and not guaranteed always.
  • In allopathy, any result will be visible within three weeks so that you can modify your treatment accordingly.
  • Ultimately, treatment of allergy is getting away from the possible allergens. Stay away from the dust, smoke, other possible allergens you think of such as cold exposure, some food products, etc.

For further queries consult an allergy specialist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

|