Q. What to do if I accidently got Fluticasone spray in the eyes?

Dr. Shikha
Published on Mar 21, 2018

I think my Flonase (Fluticasone) nasal spray bottle was empty which is actually was and I have no idea what suddenly changed. I started pumping it which I usually have to do when it is empty before I reached my nostril, and a puff sprayed into my left eye. As I heard the sound, I immediately closed my eye, and then rushed to the sink and rinsed it. I continued to rinse it and even made an "eye bath" out of a shot glass. Though the capillaries in the outer corner of my eye are slightly inflamed, it is not burning though, just a little blurry. That could also be because I was shining my phone flashlight into my eyes to see if both pupils were reacting normally, which they are. Is this emergency and should I be more concerned? Or should I be doing something more?

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

For how long it is blurry? Did it improve at all or not? Give a thorough wash for at least half an hour with clean water. If the vision improved after washing, then there is no need to be the worry, but if it is still blurry, then you must consult for any corneal lesion.

For more information consult an ophthalmologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

It was temporarily blurry after I had shown the torch in my eye to see if my pupil was reacting normally at the bottom of my eye. It seems to have improved.

Dr. Shikha

#

Kindly give a thorough wash. If there is no obvious improvement then kindly visit the specialist for a clinical examination.

| 

Is Gum Inflammation a Curable Problem?

Article Overview: The medical terminology for inflamed gums is 'gingivitis'. It is one of the most common oral health concerns faced by each of us. This article talks about the causes and cure for gingivitis. Read Article

Gingivitis refers to inflammation of the gums. Gums (or gingiva) along with the bones and ligaments form the supporting structure of the teeth. Once they get swollen, there is redness, puffiness, and bleeding of gums. But, in most cases, it is treatable and reversible. When left untreated, it can l...  Read Article

How can my blurred vision be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having blurry vision ever since my sore eyes have been going away. It started a week ago when I was diagnosed with sore eyes. My physician told me to use Terramycin four to five times a day and on the sixth day, the swelling in my eyes got better. But once my eye was in a ...  Read Full »

I am having inflammation on face after a dog bite. Do I need vaccination?

Query: Hello doctor,40 days back while I was walking on the road and unaware of a sleeping dog beside me I stepped on it and it had bitten me. After, reaching my home after 15 minutes I washed my leg and I have not found any blood wound but firing type feeling was there and later I met one physician doctor...  Read Full »