Q. What to do if I accidently got Fluticasone spray in the eyes?

Dr. Shikha

I think my Flonase (Fluticasone) nasal spray bottle was empty which is actually was and I have no idea what suddenly changed. I started pumping it which I usually have to do when it is empty before I reached my nostril, and a puff sprayed into my left eye. As I heard the sound, I immediately closed my eye, and then rushed to the sink and rinsed it. I continued to rinse it and even made an "eye bath" out of a shot glass. Though the capillaries in the outer corner of my eye are slightly inflamed, it is not burning though, just a little blurry. That could also be because I was shining my phone flashlight into my eyes to see if both pupils were reacting normally, which they are. Is this emergency and should I be more concerned? Or should I be doing something more?

#

For how long it is blurry? Did it improve at all or not? Give a thorough wash for at least half an hour with clean water. If the vision improved after washing, then there is no need to be the worry, but if it is still blurry, then you must consult for any corneal lesion.

For more information consult an ophthalmologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

It was temporarily blurry after I had shown the torch in my eye to see if my pupil was reacting normally at the bottom of my eye. It seems to have improved.

#

Kindly give a thorough wash. If there is no obvious improvement then kindly visit the specialist for a clinical examination.

|