Q. What could be the reason for sneezes, runny, itching nose, and eyes?

Published on Dec 10, 2018

I am suffering from sneezes, runny, itching nose, and eyes for the past two months. I am not able to relax with this condition. I hope you could give me a better suggestion.

Hematology Pathology
#

Your symptoms are suggestive of acute allergic rhinitis like presentation. For that, anti-allergic medication like Fexofenadine can be prescribed for 5 to 7 days. Steam inhalation done three times a day with lukewarm water also beneficial. Do saltwater gargle with warm water three times a day. Drink lots of water. Take one teaspoon turmeric powder with milk daily. If no improvement, then CBC can be done for further work up.

Can herbal capsules be given with allopathic medicine for child with allergic rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter aged 9 years has been suffering from allergic rhinitis for the last few years. During the winter season, cold and cough are very common for her. In the summer, she suffers from coughing and itching in the body. The problem is hereditary as my whole family members like my m...  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and saw the prescription of allopathic as well as an Ayurvedic physician. First of all, let me answer your question. You can give these Ayurvedic treatments to your daughter along with her allopathic medicine. It does not have any side effect a...  Read Full

Why does running nose, sneezing and blocked nose happen?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bad running nose, sneezing and blocked nose in the morning for the last ten days. I have taken Augmentin 375 for five days. It improved a bit but again relapsed today. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Running nose can be due to upper respiratory tract infection. You can take tablet Allegra M (combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine) twice daily for about three days. Warm water gargles with salt...  Read Full

My 3.3 year old son has allergic rhinitis. Can I use Budecord inhaler?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 3.3 years old. Last year, he had three episodes of allergic rhinitis and one episode of allergic conjunctivitis. This year, our pediatrician asked us to get an allergy test done, and he put my son on Momeflo, Nukast 4, and Levolin inhaler. We found out that he is allergic to...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Asthma can sometimes present as cough and allergic reactions in the skin. This is called atopy. You are doing right by avoiding the potential allergens. There are two types of treatment in asthma, and one is steroid and other is a beta-agonist. It depends on the severity ...  Read Full

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now