Q. What causes frequent sneezing, wheezing and cough during cold climate?

Published on Aug 29, 2018

I have frequent sneezing during cold climate. I have wheezing and cough. I used several medicines for seven years. I have no problem with the heart, and I do not have asthma.

Hematology Pathology
#

I have reviewed your query and here is my advise. Your symptoms are suggestive of allergic bronchitis. You are having an allergy to cold as per mentioned in the history. I suggest you investigate your CBC (complete blood count) and spirometry to assess the severity and to look for eosinophilia if present. You can be prescribed Montelukast with Fexofenadine combination drug for a week. If wheezing is present in auscultation, then use a bronchodilator drug in the form of nebulization if required. Do steam inhalation with warm water three times a day. Take one tablespoon of turmeric powder with milk daily. You can consult a Pulmonologist for auscultation and a physical examination.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

Dust and perfume make me cough. How can I get better?

Query: Hello doctor,Since many years, I am facing a sinusitis problem. When I catch the flu, it gets worse. This time, I caught the flu twice this month. The sinustis got worse and I visited a doctor who prescribed me with a course of Fexet, Klaricid, and Ventek. He said that I need to take Ventek for thr...  Read Full »

Why is there frequent wheezing without any known allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5-year-old son has a wheezing problem right from one and a half years. A year back the doctor prescribed Foracort 100. I administered Foracort 1 puff daily for one year. Now, I have stopped it as adviced by the doctor. Still, he gets wheezing minimum one time a month and a maximum ...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now