Q. Why do I feel dizzy and have heart palpitations?

I am feeling tired, dizzy, and having heart palpitations. I previously had anemia, and I take ferrous sulfate tablets. I have attached the blood test reports. Should I see a Hematologist?

#

I have seen your attachments (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Following is my opinion for your asked question. You had a history of anemia, after which you were put on a ferrous sulfate tablet. In anemia, the bone marrow produces fewer red blood cells, so hemoglobin is less. Iron medicine replenishes low iron in the bone marrow and helps RBC production. So following treatment response reflected an increase in iron, increased iron saturation, and increase in reticulocytes. Sometimes platelet is also raised as a secondary reactive cause. So, your elevated values of that parameter are normal body's response to treatment, and it shows that your treatment is effective in treating anemia.

However, please visit your hematologist for a follow-up.

I hope your concern is solved. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Best regards.

|