Q. Severe heart palpitations in a 20-year-old man. What can be done?

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 20-year-old healthy young man. I do not drink or smoke but I do work a lot. I work for 60 hours actually and just moved out of my house with my family.

I got my own new place as well as trying to maintain a relationship with my current girlfriend. I do not really have any health issues besides occasional high blood pressure.

I have been having palpitations for the last month. I get a few palpitations every single day and some are scary and uncomfortable while others really do not bother me. I have had an EKG in the past. I have attached the reports of the same.

I saw a cardiologist and they did a few different tests and said my heart looks normal but I am still getting the palpitations even though my doctor put me on Metoprolol which is a beta blocker. What do you suggest?

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

All the tests are fine. The cardiologist said your heart is normal. So, you do not have to worry.

Tablet Metoprolol has been given for symptomatic relief for your palpitation. Probably, you are having stress.

Manage your stress and you will be fine.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|