Q. My anal region hurts and found some blood in toilet paper. Why?

Dr. Zakaullah Khan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 06, 2020

I am having stomach pain in the lower abdomen for the past few days. I am also feeling bloated abdomen along with stomach pain. All day I have been trying to poo and I just did once. When I looked at the toilet paper there was a tiny bit of blood. Also, my anal region hurts. Now, it is itchy and sore. My urine is also dark yellow in color. Please help.

Dr. Zakaullah Khan

#

• It basically seems that you have trouble with digesting your food. I would suggest you do regular exercise and eat more fiber (green vegetable and salads).
  • To help in constipation, you may take more fruits like banana.

Per rectal examination.

1. Anal fissure.
2. Hemorrhoids.
3. Irritable bowel syndrome.

Constipation and anal fissure.

Tablet Rabeprazole, once a day early morning on an empty stomach to avoid any acidity. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
If there is increased bleeding per rectum, fever and vomiting, then immediately head to the emergency room.

1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Keep anal area hygienic and clean. Wipe using wet wipes.
3. Eat healthy diet of fruits and vegetables.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »

What are the specific ways to bring down the symptoms of IBS?

Query: Hi doctor, Please say about the specific ways to reduce the IBS symptoms.  Read Full »

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »