Anal Fissure

A cut or tear in the lining of the anus is called anal fissure. It is normally seen in people with chronic constipation. The symptoms include pain during and after a bowel movement, blood in stools, and a visible tear in the skin near the anus.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have urinary problems and have to exert pressure to pass stools as I have an anal fissure. What should I do next?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever I go to the restroom, I have to push hard to pass stools as I have an anal fissure. The pus comes out in large amounts, and the fissure hurts. I have had these problems for the past two years. I do not know what to do. Now I am having urinary problems too. I find it difficult ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. As per your history and attached reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), I think you suffer from anal fissure. You need surgery to remove the affected area. I suggest you take a fiber-rich diet to avoid constip...  Read Full »

Why do I feel a burning sensation after passing stools even though hemorrhoids were completely cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had internal and external piles for five years, and two years back, I got laser surgery for piles and fissures. I got recovered completely. During my past treatment for piles and fissures, I have done a couple of colonoscopies and endoscopies, and both returned negative. Sometimes ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. This is a typical anal type of pain. Well, I think this is a fissure, and given your last surgeon's evaluation that this is an external pile, it is possible that it was chronic anal fissure or sentinel pile. External hemorrhoids and chroni...  Read Full »

My constipation is so bad that I have to evacuate the stools with my fingers. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have an anal fissure, internal hemorrhoid, SRUS, and constipation. One year ago, I was suffering from a hard stool that was difficult to pass. I went to a gastroenterologist, who did a colonoscopy and found that I had an anal fissure and internal hemorrhoid. He prescribed Sitcom Fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif. M

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through the files uploaded by you. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The endoscopy report you have shown does not show any evidence of SRUS (solitary rectal ulcer syndrome). All your symptoms can be attributed to underlying constipation...  Read Full »

I have anal pain during bowel movement. Please suggest medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male working as a software professional. I have been facing a problem with anal pain during bowel movements and also feel the pain after the bowel movement for some time. I have been facing this problem for 10 days. Motion is normal. I have overcleaned the anal area...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your post. There are three possibilities on the basis of history alone as the cause of your symptoms. 1) Anal fissure. 2) Hemorrhoids. 3) Proctitis. The treatment is almost the same except for a severe anal fissure that is bleeding. I suggest you s...  Read Full »

What is the solution for severe heartburn, acidity, blood in stool and burning around anus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe heartburn and acidity issue. Today I got blood in stool and after I felt burn around the anus. Is anything serious? What should I do? Stool antigen (ICT) result is negative. My symptoms are heartburn after eating, bad breath from stomach, sometimes feeling bump on...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You have two main issues: 1. The heartburn and all the throat problem is due to reflux disease which aggravated by your hiatus hernia. This disease is controllable with medications but it could not be eradicated. You have to change your lifestyle and use some medica...  Read Full »

How to get rid of the skin tag due to anal fissure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old and weigh about 65 kg with a height of 5.5 feet. I have a problem in my anus, Actually, I had anal fissure before and when it is gone there is a skin tag and warts develop. But the crucial thing is an unexplained thing that looks like a wound near in my anus. I hope s...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Kumar Bansal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I will definitely help you with your query. Skin tags are formed in long-standing anal fissure. These are nothing but accumulated skin due to fissure usually nothing to do for that but if you have any problem because of it like pain, bleeding, or pus discharge, you c...  Read Full »

Will anal fissures get infected and cause mild fever?

Query: Hi doctor,I have had anal fissures, and since the evening, I got a fever. Can fissures cause an infection? If yes, are there any antibiotics I can take? I have a 9-month-old baby whom I am still feeding. Kindly guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Usually, anal fissures do not cause infection. Anal fissures, if present chronically, becomes chronic anal fissures. Have you measured the body temperature? Is it a mild rise? Please answer the question for further help.  Read Full »

I have itching and pain in my perineum while urinating with blood spots. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My perineum stings when I urinate and is often itchy. I had seen blood spotting when I wiped my genital area after urinating. I am worried about this condition and not sure what to do. Kindly help me. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Pandian. P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Considering your condition, I think it may be due to infection or laceration. I suggest you do the following tests if possible. 1. Urine routine and culture test. 2. Pap smear of vaginal discharge for microbiology and others. If the tes...  Read Full »

Why do I have dizziness after bowel movement?

Query: Hello doctor, Since a few days, I have had heavy head and stiff neck problem. My head really feels heavy at the end of the day. My neck remains very stiff. I have consulted a neurologist and taking Inderal 10, Shine 10, Naproxen, Nexium and Sibelium. Sometimes, my head trembles too much and neck be...  Read Full »

Dr. Madathupalayam Madhankumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please have a consultation with a surgeon or surgical gastroenterologist to rule out fissure-in-ano. You need to have a colonoscopy as a baseline to rule out colorectal cancer. Even after these if you have symptoms, then we can start drugs to control the bowel ...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest a remedy to eliminate the threadlike outgrowth in my anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small threadlike protrusion near the opening of the anus. It is paining the whole day. There is no blood during defecation. Please give a remedy.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif. M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The threadlike growth in the anus seems like a small anal tag, that is, just a skin tag. Usually, it will have an underlying anal fissure, that is, crack in the skin near the anal opening, that causes pain. I suggest you take the following medicines: Lactulose syr...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.