Q. I am suffering from very painful anal ulcers that recur every few weeks. Please help.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
This is a premium question & answer published on May 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

I am suffering from anal ulcers for four months now. I was diagnosed with SIBO last year, which was treated with antibiotics, and now experiencing ulcers in the rectum, which are very painful. I have been tested for ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, which came back negative. I have had STI checks so that I can rule this out also. I am so uncomfortable and a bit miserable now as it recurs every few weeks and very painful. Other symptoms include night sweats, itching, soreness, and ulcers in the nose and mouth.nd a bit miserable now as it recurs every few weeks and very painful. Other symptoms include night sweats, itching, soreness, and ulcers in the nose and mouth.

#

Painful ulceration over the anal and perianal area plus around the nose and mouth suggests some possibilities. Zinc deficiency, Vitamin B complex deficiency, Folic acid deficiency, Behcet disease, Veneral disease (for which you have tested such as syphilis). Inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn's disease (diagnosis has to be made on history, examination, and colonoscopy findings and pathology findings). Herpes zoster infections (very painful recurrent eruptions or ulcers commonly among individuals who are immunocompromised; taking steroids for long use). For all the above possibilities, I have to have more information, and later based on that information, I can provide target investigations to help your problem diagnose. For suspected vitamin deficiency, you can start taking tablet Surbex Z daily. For the rest of the possibilities, there is no blanket therapy that I could provide. Every entity has a different management approach.

I hope this will help.

Crohns disease.
Veneral disease.
Behcet disease.
Vitamin deficiency.
Celiac disease.

Tablet Surbex Z once daily.

Follow to provide more information, this will help narrow list the differentials and can optimally approach problem.

|