Q. What treatment should I get for anaphylaxis?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2020

Last week, I was bitten by red ant. Within 5 minutes I was collapsed and immediately rushed to the hospital. My BP was low at 80/60 mmHg. It was detected as anaphylaxis. I hereby attaching the treatment sheet for your reference. Six months ago, my 2 year old son expired due to unknown insect bite. We did not know about anaphylaxis at that time. What type of treatment should I get further for anaphylaxis?

#

• I think that you have hereditary angioedema or severe allergy to red ant.
  • I would suggest seeing an allergy specialist to get patch testing and specialized blood testing to identify other allergens that may cause potentially fatal reaction.
  • Meanwhile, get an EpiPen. This is a rescue pen that has Epinephrine in it. Keep it with you all the time. If an allergic reaction has to happen give it to yourself and also to your kids to save life.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. The allergy specialist can make antisera and that can be given slowly over a few weeks. It will allow to help combat the allergy.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

As you said I will consult an allergy specialist.

#

You are very welcome. Please go ahead and take care.

Revert back for further doubts to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|