Q. Is there a way to control fur allergy?

I am quite allergic to dogs, cats, and pretty much anything with fur, which exacerbated my asthma, sneezing, and itchy eyes. I am hoping to get a job at home health, but many people have dogs and cats. Is there anything that could be done for me to enable to work in home health? Furthermore, my kids would love a little doggy at some point, if possible.

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Is your allergy based on your assessment or has any allergy testing been done? The best way to prevent allergy is to avoid the requisite allergens altogether. We even suggest a change of profession and change of place to our patients. In that case, I feel you should not be wanting that job or the dog in your house. But before that, we can check for allergies either by skin prick testing or blood immunocap testing. Skin prick testing is more authentic and specific than blood testing.

|