Q. Kindly advise how to control wheezing and shortness of breath while having cold.

Dr. Vivek Pillai
Published on Dec 09, 2018

I have a wheezing problem and breathing shortness when I suffer from cold. I noticed I have dust allergy also. Day by day my problem is increasing. Now I have to take Levolin inhaler three times in a day. Is there any measure to control my problem?

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Cardiology
#

The whole problem can be attributed to dust allergy and bronchospasm due to cold. I would suggest the continuation of inhaler therapy for at least three months, a patch test to seek out the allergen, and dust free surroundings, (dust can harbor mites which are known to cause allergy. As you said your problem is increasing day by day I would suggest an ECG and echo just to ensure we are not dealing with an additional cardiac cause here, because usually once the cold or allergy is removed the patient usually returns completely to normal.

Allergic rhinitis.

Is there any permanent solution for wheezing and dust allergy?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 31 years old.  I have a history of eosinophilia and dust allergy since the age of 12 years.  The onset of eosinophilia and dust allergy has become more frequent since I moved to Bangalore (5-6 years).  Sometimes I suffer wheezing, running nose and watery eyes.  Since, last two...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to say that bronchial asthma or allergic bronchitis is just controllable and not completely curable. Following are the answers for your questions: 1. You should avoid Glemont-F. Reserve it only for acute exacerbations. Try to control your problem with inhale...  Read Full

I always have a stuffy nose causing brief dizzy spells. How can I stop it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a continuous stuffy nose which gives me brief dizzy spells that go once I try to blow my nose (not hard). It just helps equalize pressure. My glucose, BP, heart tests are normal. I eat and drink regularly. I work in a dusty environment. The dizziness is definitely associated wi...  Read Full >>

Dr. Bindia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Either a dust allergy or infection is causing you an allergic rhinitis. You will need X-ray PNS (Water's view) and CT PNS for a confirmation. I suggest taking: Tablet Azee 500 mg (Azithromycin) BD for five days. Tablet Montair LC (Montelukast and Levocetirizine...  Read Full

Can herbal capsules be given with allopathic medicine for child with allergic rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter aged 9 years has been suffering from allergic rhinitis for the last few years. During the winter season, cold and cough are very common for her. In the summer, she suffers from coughing and itching in the body. The problem is hereditary as my whole family members like my m...  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and saw the prescription of allopathic as well as an Ayurvedic physician. First of all, let me answer your question. You can give these Ayurvedic treatments to your daughter along with her allopathic medicine. It does not have any side effect a...  Read Full